If you are a QuickBooks user, then it’s normal for you to hunt for ways on how to solve QuickBooks error codes 6190 and 816. Do you know why? It’s because both these issues are one of the most common QuickBooks errors.
Just like QuickBooks error H202 in QuickBooks desktop, they might hinder your business performance if you don’t fix them correctly. Would you like to know about those correct methods for resolving QuickBooks errors 6190, 816? Then, it’s essential for you to know what these Quickbooks errors 6190 and 816 are all about, before understanding how to fix them. Let’s have a look!
What are QuickBooks error codes 6190 and 816?
Quickbooks error 6190 and 816 is a company file issue in QuickBooks that usually occurs while opening the company file. A QuickBooks error message 6190 816 will appear on your screen, saying something like:
“Sorry for the inconvenience. Quickbooks is unable to open this company file.”
Now, when you know what QuickBooks issue codes 6190 and 816 are all about, let us now explain to you the reasons why they occur.
Why are QuickBooks Error Codes 6190 and 816 occurring?
When you face a QuickBooks 6190 error or 816 issue, the first thing that will come to your mind is why this error occurred. Here are some reasons why QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 take place:
- Due to an unmatched transaction file with the company file
- If a company’s file is updated on a new device without re-updating the transaction files
- When someone else is accessing QuickBooks company files using Single User Mode
- A corrupt QuickBooks data file may also cause the error
How To Solve QuickBooks Error Codes 6190 and 816?
Finally, we will now discuss tutorials for helping you in knowing how to solve QuickBooks error codes 6190 and 816. Let’s check them all one by one.
Tutorial 1: By Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor tool is an ultimate option when it comes to solving QuickBooks error codes 6190 and 816. Apply the below steps for using it.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub after downloading it.
- After it, go to the “Company File Issues” option.
- Press the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” button.
- Later on, go to the “Options” tab.
- Choose the “‘Mark All” option.
- Once done, tap on the “Save” button.
- Next, find the “Update Now” button and click on it.
- You can now mark the “Reset Updates” checkbox and click on “Get Updates” option.
- Hit the “Close” button.
Tutorial 2: By Checking And Running Single-User Mode
Another way for troubleshooting error 816 and 6190 is by running your QuickBooks application in a single-user mode. You can do it if you follow the below steps.
- Ensure that all users are logged out of QuickBooks.
- Restart the computers afterward.
- Next, copy the data file to another location, outside of the source.
- Make sure to copy back the file to its original location.
- Log in to QuickBooks.
Tutorial 3: By Updating The Windows
If the above two tutorials don’t work, then there might be an issue with your system’s Windows. Probably, you need to update it. Go through the below-discussed steps for making it happen.
- Firstly, locate the Start menu at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After it, click on settings and select the Update and Security option.
- Now, open the Windows Update Tab.
- Once done, tap on the Check for update option. In case of update availability, your system will start downloading it automatically.
- After the completion of the Windows update, reinstall the QuickBooks application.
Tutorial 4: By Using QuickBooks Refresher Tool
QuickBooks Refresher Tool is another not-to-miss tool that helps in resolving 6000 series QuickBooks errors. So, you will be able to fix QuickBooks issues 6190 and 816 using it. Here is how!
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks application on all the computer systems.
- Now, visit the official Intuit website and start downloading the QuickBooks Refresher Tool from there.
- After the download completes, try finding the QuickBooks Refresher Tool” “qbrefresherv1.exe file” from the downloads folder and then open it.
- Finally, choose the “Fix my QuickBooks” tab.
- Wait for some time for the tool to perform the troubleshooting process.
Tutorial 5: By Changing The QB Company File Name
Again, if all the above-shared tutorials don’t work well for you, the next thing is renaming the QuickBooks company file. Following are the procedures for it.
- In the first step, go to the company file folder and open it.
- The company file and transaction log file will have similar names. However, their extensions will be different. For instance, the company file will have the extension as .qbw.nd, whereas it will be .qbw.tlg in the case of the transaction log file. Identify and find each of them.
- After finding them, select the “Rename” option by right-clicking the company file. You can also add “-OLD” at the end of the name to make things easier.
- Change the name of the transaction log file in the same way.
- Open your QuickBooks and try to open the company file.
Always remember: Do not omit the extensions while renaming files
Wrapping it up:
We hope the above tutorials will guide you in understanding how to solve QuickBooks error codes 6190 and 816. Whether you use the QuickBooks File doctor tool, QB refresher tool, or update the Windows, it’s up to you.
Is the QuickBooks error message 6190, 816 still bothering you? Feel free to get instant guidance from our QuickBooks experts.