Understanding how to fix QuickBooks error 6000 83 is not rocket science with the right troubleshooting solutions. But where to find these easy steps for fixing QuickBooks error 83 or 6000? Well, the answer is here itself. We shortlisted some methods for resolving QuickBooks error codes 6000 and 83 for you.
However, before we reveal those methods to you, we would like to tell you what QuickBooks error code 6000,83 actually is.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks error code 6000 83?
From the -6000 series errors, the QuickBooks error 6000 83 can severely damage your QuickBooks company file and computer system. It usually appears with an error message saying:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit technical support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, 83)”.
This is an unavoidable QuickBooks error just like the unrecoverable QuickBooks errors. Hence, all you require is to resolve this QuickBooks error 6000 83 as soon as possible.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6000 83 Occur?
There can be a cornucopia of causes why you are encountering QuickBooks error 6000 or error 83 in QuickBooks. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- In a situation, when a few QuickBooks files are missing.
- In a case where the permissions for the network server are less than the required amount.
- Windows users have Insufficient permissions.
- You may also encounter this error if QBDataServiceUserXX does not have the proper permissions.
- In another instance, files might be blocked by a firewall or by security software.
- When you try to convert the company file from an earlier QuickBooks version over a network.
- The company file is damaged.
- Whenever the Hosting mode of QuickBooks is open in more than one system.
- In a situation where you are not using the US or Canadian Windows version.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83?
Now, we are going to explain to you how to fix QuickBooks error 6000 83 in a few simple troubleshooting steps. Let’s explore these methods one by one.
Method 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
If you wish to resolve common QuickBooks errors like QuickBooks error codes 6000 and 83, then nothing can be more effective than running QuickBooks File Doctor. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Launch the QuickBooks application without opening the company file.
- Later go to the File menu and choose Utilities.
- After doing it, tap on Repair File and Network problems for opening the QB File Doctor Tool.
- Once done, click on the Browse option and pick the company file that requires to get repaired and tap Open.
- Now, use the Show Advanced Settings drop-down menu for selecting the type of fix and click on the Next button.
- Press Next after entering the Administrator user name and password.
- After that, try opening the QuickBooks company file to check if the QuickBooks error 6000 83 is resolved.
Method 2: Turn Off the Hosting On All the Computer Systems
Another method you can apply for getting rid of errors 6000 and 83 in QuickBooks is by turning off the hosting on all the computer systems. Use the following steps with attention:
- Switch off the hosting on all computers except the one with the main server.
- If the option “Host multiple user access” appears, it means your computer system is not hosting the company file.
- But if you see, “Stop hosting multiple user access”, tap Yes.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Yes option for “company file must be closed” and then tap continue.
- Now, turn off the hosting on other computers by following the same steps. Verify if it fixed the QuickBooks error code 6000 83.
Method 3: Manually Solve the QuickBooks Error 6000 83
If the above steps didn’t work, you can solve QuickBooks error code 6000 and 83 by using the below steps:
- Setup your Windows Firewall or Internet security settings in a way that they don’t stop QuickBooks from accessing the server.
- After doing it, verify if the permissions to access the company file are available.
- Scan the folder that contains the QuickBooks company file for creating the Network Description(.ND) file.
- Later, try opening the QuickBooks company file from a new location to check whether the location of the company file is damaged.
- Prevent Multi-user access to the hosting company file.
Solution 4: Move Company File to a New Folder
There will be a situation when this QuickBooks error appears while taking a backup of the company file. You can fix it by moving the company file to a new folder. See how!
- Firstly, you need to Exit QuickBooks Desktop on the server computer where the company file is saved by choosing the Quit QuickBooks Desktop option in the File tab.
- Hold the Windows + E key to open Windows File Explorer and then access the C drive.
- There will be an empty area on the screen, right-click on it. Choose the Folder option in the New drop-down menu.
- Create a new folder named QuickBooks Desktop Test Folder.
- After doing it, open the QuickBooks Desktop and choose the options for creating a backup of the company file.
- QuickBooks will ask you to pick a location to save the backup file. Select the folder that you created with the name QuickBooks Desktop Test Folder.
- Later, try restoring the company file by using the backup file you saved in the new folder.
Undoubtedly, the above steps will help you to know how to fix QuickBooks error 6000 83 and you will be able to apply them effortlessly. However, if you still face any difficulties in resolving this QuickBooks desktop error 6000 83, feel free to call us for technical assistance.