Are you curious to know how to solve QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001? It is extremely common when you try to open the company file. But what actually is this QuickBooks error about? How does it occur? How to fix any of these Quickbooks errors?
Well, these are some questions that will frequently come to your mind while you solve QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001. In this article post, we are going to cover everything related to QuickBooks error 99001 and 6073. So, scroll down and have a look at them.
What is QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001?
You are actually facing QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001 if your QuickBooks application shows a pop-up message saying, ‘Unable to open company file. It may have been opened by another user. But then why does this QuickBooks error 99001 or 6073 occur? Be patient and read below.
Why do QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001 occur?
The QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001 occur due to a lot of reasons like:
- The user opens the QuickBooks file on another computer in single user mode.
- When the location of the QuickBooks file is on the read-only network folder.
- When the Linux server hosts all the files and these files are using over one set of login credentials for signing into the shared folder.
- You are using a remote software to access the files like LogMeIn, GoToMyPc, etc. Due to this reason, the host computer assumes that that user is still logged on.
How To Solve QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001?
There are several methods you can apply to solve QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001. Enlisted are a few of them:
Method 1: By Installing QuickBooks File Doctor
- Go to the tool hub and choose Company File Issues.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. It might take up to one minute for the file doctor to open.
- Choose your company file from the drop-down menu in the QuickBooks File Doctor. Didn’t see your file? Search for the file from the Browse option.
- Choose Check your file and then Continue after it.
- Mention your QuickBooks admin password and then select Next.
Method 2: Solve QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 Manually
Want to know how to repair the QuickBooks file manually when you face QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001? Then, all you need to do is go through the below steps.
Step 1: When the QuickBooks company file is open in Single User mode in another workstation
- Shut QuickBooks Desktop on all the PCs.
- On the host computer, Open the company file.
- Select Switch to Multi-user mode from the File menu.
- Reboot all the workstations if you encounter the same issue.
Step 2: When the company file is open in Single User mode on the Host computer.
- From the File menu, Choose Close company.
- Re-open the QuickBooks company file. Locate the File menu, then select Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open a company file, then click on Next.
- Choose your company file.
- Choose Open file in multi-user mode, then Open.
Then know: How to Solve Quickbooks Login Error?
Step 3: When the location of the QuickBooks file is on the read-only network folder
- Locate the PC that is hosting your company file.
- Go to the folder where your company file is saved and then open it.
- Right-click the folder, then Select Properties by right-clicking on the folder.
- Locate the Security tab.
- Now, choose the user that is having login issues, then Edit.
- Verify Allow for Full control.
- Choose Apply, then press OK.
Step 4: When the host computer assumes that that user is still logged on
As we discussed earlier, the QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001 also occurs when the host computer assumes that the user is still logged in. So, you can solve it by running the Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Choose the Program Problems option.
- Open your data file by starting QuickBooks Desktop.
Finally, we discussed most of the methods to solve QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001. We think these steps will help you. Now, you know how to solve QuickBooks error code 6073 and 99001. And yes, what it actually is.
Was this post insightful? We think it definitely would be. For further assistance related to this Quickbook error 6073 and 99001, feel free to call.