If you wish to seek some expert assistance for knowing how to fix QuickBooks error 6123, then this post will help you. But what can this QuickBooks error code 6123 do? Well, it can affect your work productivity if you don’t resolve it on time.
Again, you must be wondering what is this 6123 error Quickbooks has, and why does it take place. Scroll down your cursor to clarify all these doubts.
What is QuickBooks Error 6123?
QuickBooks error code 6123 occurs when you make an attempt to restore the backup of the company file. This error message 6123 appears unexpectedly and then hinders the QuickBooks company file activities.
Another situation where you encounter this error while opening the QuickBooks company file from the multi-user network. Here is the error message that pops up:
“Problem connecting to Server”
Why are you encountering QuickBooks error 6123?
You may encounter QuickBooks error 6123, 0 due to a lot of reasons. These causes will vary from situation to situation. A few of them are given below:
- Corrupted windows can be one of the causes for the QuickBooks error code 6123.
- When the company file is damaged.
- In a situation when you restore the company file from an external storage device.
- A disrupted network connection on the host server is another legitimate cause.
- A firewall setting interrupts with QuickBooks software when it attempts to open a company file.
- Having an antivirus installed on your system can hinder the smooth communication process.
- Due to damaged or corrupted QuickBooks data files.
- Corrupted Windows user and QBW files.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6123?
After making you understand QuickBooks error code 6123 and the reasons why it takes place, let us share some steps to solve it. These solutions will help you in getting rid of QuickBooks error message 6123. Without further ado, go through these techniques one by one:
Method 1: Rename the QuickBooks Company File or Remove Special Characters From the Name
The first step you should take for resolving QuickBooks error code 6123 is by renaming the QuickBooks company file or removing special characters from the name.
- Firstly, ensure you have a backup of your QuickBooks company file.
- Navigate the folder where the QuickBooks Company File is located.
- You can access Product Information by pressing F2 or CTRL + 1 from the Home page of QuickBooks.
- Jot down the location mentioned in the File Information field.
- Hold the Windows + E keys to open the Windows Explorer and try locating the folder mentioned on the Product Information window.
- Navigate and right-click on the Company File.
- Choose Rename from the drop-down options. You will see the file name as [CompanyName].qbw or just [CompanyName].
- Rename your company file name as needed and then press enter.
- Tap Yes in the confirmation message window that pops up.
Please Note: Always remember that you don’t exceed 30 characters while renaming the company file. Also, there shouldn’t be any special character or space in the file name.
Method 2: Install and Run The QuickBooks Tool Hub
Another way you can apply for troubleshooting error 6123 in QuickBooks is by installing and running the QuickBooks Tool Hub. This tool is perfect when it comes to fixing common QuickBooks error codes. Enlisted are the steps for downloading it:
- Firstly, log out from your QuickBooks accounting software.
- You can now download the QuickBooks tools hub. After doing it, save the file somewhere you can effortlessly find it out.
- Launch the file that you downloaded in the above step.
- Follow the pop-ups that appear on the screen for the installation process to complete and then agree to the terms and conditions.
- Later, open the QuickBooks tool hub by double-clicking the icon on the Windows desktop.
Point to Remember: Suppose you didn’t spot the icon then search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and then choose the program.
Method 3: Make Use of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The QuickBooks file doctor tool lets you fix QuickBooks errors by automatically scanning and identifying the issue. Use it by applying the below steps:
- Go to QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose the company file issues option.
- Now, tap on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool option.
- Once the File doctor tool opens up, pick the QuickBooks company file from the drop-down list. If you don’t find it, then tap on the Browse option to scan the system for the file i.e. [your company name].qbw.
- Choose the check your file only option and then press Continue for diagnosing the file.
- After entering the QuickBooks admin password, hit Continue. After it, the QuickBooks file doctor tool will start the repairing process. This process might take a few minutes.
- In the final step, locate the company file from the list and then select the Open QuickBooks option.
Method 4: Run Quick Fix my program
In order to run Quick Fix my program, perform the following steps:
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose the Programs Problems option.
- Now, choose the Quick Fix my Program tab. It might take a few moments to run. If you have multiple QuickBooks versions installed on the system, then it can take more time.
- After Quick Fix my Program finishes, you have to open QuickBooks and check if it resolved the QuickBooks error 6123.
Method 5: Change the .ND and .TLG file Names
If all the above steps fail, you can rename the .TLG and .ND files. Use the highlighted steps for changing the names:
- In the first step, all you require is to open the folder containing the QuickBooks company file.
- Select the corresponding .ND file.
- Press a right-click on the company file and then click on rename option.
- In the next step, rename the .ND file to .ND.OLD
- Similarly, select the .TLG file and change its name to .TLG.OLD
- After it, make sure to open the company file.
Undoubtedly, you easily understand how to fix QuickBooks error 6123, 0 if you follow any of the above steps. You also know why this QuickBooks error message 6123 occurs and it is an advantage for you when you resolve it.
But in case you face trouble while resolving this QuickBooks error code 6123, give us a call. Our technical experts are always available to help you out.