Is it trouble for you in knowing how to resolve QuickBooks error code 1920 while troubleshooting it? In such a case, you need some easy steps for it. Well, this post might help you.
However, it’s always essential to have brief knowledge about every QuickBooks issue you experience. So is in the case of QuickBooks error 1920. Without further ado, let us explain to you what this error 1920 in QuickBooks is all about.
What is the QuickBooks error code 1920?
QuickBooks error 1920 means that your QuickBooks database server manager fails to open while using QuickBooks. You will witness this QuickBooks issue when the database manager server won’t be able to access a hard drive on the desktop for creating a connection to the QuickBooks company files. There will be error messages saying:
- Error 1920 service failed to start
- QuickBooks database server manager failed resolve errors and retry
Now, you might be wondering why is this QuickBooks error 1920 taking place? Without further ado, scroll down to know the reasons.
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 1920 Take Place?
QuickBooks install error 1920 might be taking place for a variety of reasons. Some of the causes of this QuickBooks error are given below:
- Due to a malfunctioning in the operating system.
- Because of the installation or uninstallation failure of the QuickBooks desktop.
- When there are invalid entries in the registry of QuickBooks Windows.
- The next factor that leads to this error is any kind of malware or virus attack.
- Another reason for the issue to occur can be a power failure or improper shutdown of the operating system.
- It can also occur if Quickbooks files get deleted by mistake.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1920?
When you encounter a QuickBooks database server manager error, there are several ways for fixing it. So, we will be telling you about a few of those ways. Are you now eager to know how to resolve QuickBooks error code 1920? Well, there are two conditions for troubleshooting this issue. Here are the procedures you must follow for each of them.
Condition 1: When You Try To Update Or Install QuickBooks
As we discussed the above points, failure of QuickBooks installation or update is one of the major reasons for QuickBooks error 1920 to occur. Let’s see how to fix QuickBooks install error 1920 if this condition exists.
Procedure 1: By Uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop
Firstly, you can uninstall the QuickBooks desktop application by applying the below steps.
- Hold Windows key + S, then navigate and open the Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features or opt to Uninstall a Program.
- From the list of installed programs, pick QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, Uninstall/Change and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
After you uninstall QuickBooks Desktop, your next procedure will be renaming the installation folders.
Procedure 2: By Renaming The Installation Folders
For renaming the QuickBooks version folder, these are some instructions you must follow:
- Locate the installation folders.
- Now, hit Windows key + R for opening the run command.
- After doing it, add the location of the folder, then press Enter.
- Right-click the folder, then select Rename.
- Next, change the name of the folder to .OLD.
After completing the above steps you can install QuickBooks desktop.
Condition 2: When you try to update QuickBooks Database Server Manager on Server System
In case you don’t have QuickBooks on your server, but you share files over the network by using Database Server Manager, follow the enlisted steps.
Procedure 1: By removing the existing QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Here, is how to remove QuickBooks database server manager:
- Hit the Windows key + R on the keyboard.
- The Run dialog box will pop up. Enter appwiz.cpl, and tap OK.
- Choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After selecting the Uninstall/Change option, follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Procedure 2: By renaming the installation folders
- Search for the installation folders you need to rename. If you are using Windows 10, 8, or 7, their locations would most likely be:
- C:\Program Data\Intuit
- C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- Now, hold Windows key + R for opening the run command.
- Copy-paste or type the folder location, and hit enter.
- After it, select Rename by right-clicking on the folder.
- In the next step, modify the folder name to .OLD.
After it, you can reinstall the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Procedure 3: By Reinstalling the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The final step will be reinstalling the QuickBooks database server manager. You can go with the following instructions to do it.
- Turn off all the open programs on your server computer, including QuickBooks.
- You need to open the installation file you downloaded. The file’s name will be Setup_QuickBooks.exe.
- Continue by following the on-screen instructions.
- When QuickBooks asks you to select an install type, choose Custom or Network Options, and click Next.
- Try choosing the best option for your network setup and tap Next. Both the options will install the Database Server Manager.
- After doing it, you can follow other instructions that appear on the screen. Once you are ready, click Install.
Undeniably, solving QuickBooks error 1920 is not tough with the right guidance. The above steps will help you know how to resolve QuickBooks error code 1920 when you face one. Although these steps are simple, still some steps can confuse you. In such a situation, you can always call our QuickBooks expert team to assist you.