If you are searching for how to solve QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006, then your hunt is over now. We will be sharing the best methods that are going to help you in troubleshooting QuickBooks errors 6150, 1006. So, without waiting much, let’s explore these solutions.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6150, 1006?
While creating, opening, or using the QuickBooks company file, you might encounter a QuickBooks error message 6150, 1006 saying:
“We are sorry QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.”
This company file error in QuickBooks is quite similar to other 6000 series QB error codes like QuickBooks issue 6123, error 6147 in QuickBooks, etc. Now, when you know what is QuickBooks error codes 6150 and 1006, it’s time to share the reasons for their occurrence.
Also Know: How to Solve QuickBooks Error Codes 6190 and 816? (Tutorial)
Then View: How To Solve QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301? (Easy Tutorial)
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006 Take Place?
There can be a variety of causes for the occurrence of the Quickbooks error codes 6150 and 1006. Enlisted are a few of them:
- In case of a damaged company file, you may witness QuickBooks error 1006 or 6150.
- The installation of the QuickBooks Desktop version on your system was unsuccessful or corrupt.
- You did not spell the extension for the QuickBooks file correctly while naming it.
- Possibly, you tried opening a portable file (.QBW) at the time when the QuickBooks Desktop was not open.
- Virus infection might have damaged the QuickBooks company file resulting in QuickBooks error code 6150 and 1006 to occur.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
When Will You Get To Know About QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006 Occurrence?
You can get to know about the occurrence of QuickBooks issues 6150 and 1006 due to a lot of symptoms. Some of them are as follows:
- An error message will pop up on the screen with an error code 6150.
- Your active window will start crashing as soon as the error triggers.
- The computer system will crash every time when you open the QB company file.
- Your computer will start performing slower.
How To Solve QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006?
Finally, you have understood a lot about QuickBooks issues 6150 and 1006. Let us now explain to you how to solve QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006.
Method 1: Try Opening The Company File From Different Location
Probably, you are encountering error message 6150, 1006 because of a damaged location of your QB company file. You should try to open it from a different location. Here is how:
- First of all, create a new folder on your desktop.
- Now, copy the company file and move it to the newly-created folder.
- Again, move the file back to its original location.
- Once done, you can try again to reopen the company file for verifying if it fixed the error.
Solution 2: Recreate a QuickBooks Company File From The Beginning
If the above solution does not work in your case, then you can also recreate the QB file from scratch. Follow the below-given instructions to do it:
- In the QuickBooks Desktop, go to the No Company Open window and make a new company file.
- In the next step, locate the QuickBooks setup window and give the needed information.
- After that, select the Create a company profile option.
- The above steps will troubleshoot the QuickBooks issue messages 6150 and 1006. However, if the error still persists, jump to the next method.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
Method 3: Use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
You can also fix QuickBooks error code 6150 and 1006 error using the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool. Get rid of this company file error in QuickBooks desktop by applying the below steps:
- Firstly, make a new folder on your Desktop and name it QB Test.
- Next, launch the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool.
- ADR files and .TLG.adr files are now accessible
- Choose the two by selecting them and then paste them in the QB Test folder. Later, delete .adr.
- After doing it, go to File, then Utilities, and hit a click on the Verify Data option.
- Now, copy the data from the QB Test folder after checking if the recovered data is not affected or harmed.
Summing it up:
Indeed you will effortlessly fix any 6000 series error in QuickBooks, after knowing how to solve QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006. And the above-discussed methods will surely help you in fixing error codes 6150, 1006 in QuickBooks.
Do you still don’t know how to solve QB error message 6150,1006? Feel free to connect with our QB experts.