Isn’t it an irksome situation when you don’t find ways on how to solve QuickBooks error 6144 and 301 after encountering them? Of course, it is! And that’s why you are here in search of the right methods to fix it.
Well, don’t burn your nerves much because after reading this post you will be able to resolve this QuickBooks error. Eager to know those troubleshooting steps? You must know what this QuickBooks error 6144 and 301 is all about.
What are QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301?
QuickBooks error 6144 and 301 blocks all the running programs on your QuickBooks. If you encounter this error on your screen, it simply means that a QuickBooks company file has been damaged. In such a situation, you won’t be able to restore or open a copy of your company file. Instead, you will witness an error message stating,
“Error code 6144 301 QuickBooks has encountered a problem, we need to close. Sorry for the inconvenience.”
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301 Occur?
There can be a plethora of reasons why QuickBooks error codes 6144 and 301 take place. Some of them are as follow:
- At times when there are some network issues on the server or system, it leads to this error.
- A virus or malware that might have corrupted the QuickBooks-related programs or windows system file.
- Any other program which was running on your computer resulted in the deletion of QuickBooks-related files.
- A recent change in QuickBooks can also lead to Windows registry corruption, causing the error.
- If there was an incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
How To Solve QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301?
Ultimately, we will now be telling you how to solve QuickBooks error 6144 and 301. Use the method that works best for you. Without further ado, let’s explore them all in an orderly manner.
Method 1: By Starting QuickBooks Services
You can start the QuickBooks services by setting them in the automatic mode for getting rid of this QuickBooks error message 6144, 301. Check how!
- First of all, choose the services tab from the start icon.
- Once done, select the “QBCFMonitoringservice” icon from the service list.
- Now, set up the services in the Automatic mode after they get started.
- In case it does not work, verify the options you selected, tap on Apply and press OK.
Method 2: By Changing The Account Type
Another way to fix QuickBooks error code 6144 301 is by changing the account type. You must follow the enlisted steps:
- To begin with, click on the Start icon to change the account type.
- Navigate the Control panel and choose the User Account icon.
- Later, tap on the add/remove user account tab.
- Finally, you can modify the account type by clicking on the QBDserviceuser23 icon. You can verify the administrator user icon for making it possible.
Method 3: By Copying The Company File In The New Folder
You can also resolve this QuickBooks 6144 error and 301 issues by creating a new folder and copying the company file to it. Use the below-listed steps to do it.
- Go to the Users option in the system C drive and then locate the Public icon.
- Later on, click on the public documents tab and then tap on the Intuit icon.
- After that, click on the QuickBooks icon and then on the company files.
- You will now observe the default Company file location.
- In order to add the QB file to your new folder, you must copy it and paste it there. When moving a company file, avoid using the cut-paste method. It’s because this can lead to file corruption.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
One more solution to this QuickBooks issue 6144 and 301 is running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. For doing it, follow the highlighted steps:
- As a first step, click the QuickBooks icon from the Programs list.
- Choose QuickBooks database server manager from the drop-down menu. Hit the add folder tab after it.
- Afterward, locate and add the QuickBooks folder to the C drive of the system, then minimize the tab.
- The final step of the process is to click the Scan Now tab, which will start the scanning process of the QuickBooks company file.
Winding it up:
You can always let your QuickBooks software work smoothly by eradicating QuickBooks errors in simple ways. These errors can be QuickBooks unrecoverable errors, QB adobe reader errors, or the one you are facing right now, i.e. QB error 6144, 301.
We hope the above-mentioned steps will help you in understanding how to solve QuickBooks error 6144 and 301 if you are encountering them.
Although these steps are complete, you can still reach us via call in case of doubts. Our QuickBooks experts are always open to assist you.