There is no one in the world who isn’t eager to know how to solve QuickBook error 6147 with simple troubleshooting steps. And if you have landed on this article post you are also amongst those curious people who are stuck with this QuickBooks error code 6147 0 and need an instant solution.
So what is QuickBooks error 6147? How to solve QuickBooks error 6147 0? All these questions will be answered below. Here is how!
What is QuickBooks File Error 6147?
Whenever you try to open a company file or backup file, you might encounter QuickBooks file error 6147. There is a Quickbooks error message (-6147 0) saying:
- This is not a data file, or
- There is a problem with the data file
Almost related to the Quickbooks error 6000 series, QB error code 6147 mostly occurs while opening a company file. As we all know, every action has a cause. So is the case of Quickbooks 6147 error.
Therefore, before you get to know how to solve QuickBooks error 6147, it’s always better to understand the reasons why this QuickBooks error message 6147 0 pops up.
Why Do QuickBooks Error Message 6147 0 Pops Up?
You might face QuickBooks error 6147 due to a plethora of technical issues. These technical errors can be due to:
- A damaged or corrupt file that prevents you from accessing your company file
- A network drive you used for restoring a backup file in QuickBooks
- A backup file name that exceeds the maximum characters limit (210 characters)
- A corrupt download of QuickBooks software
- The technical glitch as a consequence of corrupted Windows registry
- Incorrect deletion of QuickBooks related files
- An attack from virus or malware to the computer system
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks desktop application
How to Solve QuickBooks Error 6147?
Since there are so many reasons for the QuickBooks error 6147 to occur, there exist ample solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6147. We sorted the best solutions for you.
Please Note: Before knowing how to solve QuickBooks error 6147, always ensure to update the QuickBooks software to the latest version and maintenance release.
Method 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool for the Error Resolution
The QuickBooks File Doctor tool plays an essential role in detecting common QuickBooks errors in the Company file and then fixes it. In order to make the tool work, download and run it using the following steps:
- Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the Company File Issue from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Choose to Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
Method 2: Change the Location of the Backup
Check if the hosting is not enabled on your system before you perform this method. Later, save a copy of the backup file to another location on the computer. Follow the below instructions to know how to solve QuickBooks error 6147 due to enabled multi-user hosting in QuickBooks:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and select utilities by clicking on the File menu.
- If you find Stop Hosting Multi-user Option in the list, tap on it.
- A window will pop up. Click ‘Yes’ on it.
- Again, a window will pop up where you have to click while the company file is closed.
- Restore the backup file from the computer system.
Method 3: Setup “Trend Micro Active Scan” Configuration
Were you still not able to fix QuickBooks error message 6147 0? Well, you must set the QuickBooks company file folder aside. The enlisted steps will be helpful:
- Firstly, find the company file location
- Double click on QuickBooks while holding the Ctrl key same time
- Without disturbing the company file, open the software
- Open the company file by using the “No Company Open” window
- The QuickBooks Company File will certainly be on the top
- Now, you have to open the Scan settings of Trend Micro Active Scan and then choose the folder that contains the company file. Add the company file to the exceptions.
Method 4: Rename the .ND & .TLG Files
Basically, there are some network configuration files like .ND and .TLG for enabling the company file to run in a multi-user mode. So, you can troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6147 by renaming them. Follow the steps below:
- Locate and double-click on the folder containing the Company File.
- Search for all the corresponding files with .ND and .TLG extensions to your .QBW file
- Add old after the file name by right-clicking on them
- .ND old
- .TLG old
Rename the .ADR file as the main QuickBooks Company file if you are still not able to solve QuickBooks error 6147.
Do you now understand how to solve QuickBooks Error 6147 with simple troubleshooting steps? We are sure, you must have. If you are still stuck, feel free to give us a call. Our QuickBooks experts are round-the-clock available to help you in getting quick assistance in solving QuickBooks error 6147.