When you can’t understand how to resolve QuickBooks error 6177, then the first thing that comes to your mind is to find the right methods for fixing it. This article post is about those correct solutions. In this post, we will be giving you a brief introduction to QuickBooks error 6177, why it occurs, and how to get rid of it.
Are you ready to know about it? Scroll down to have a glance at this entire post.
What is QuickBooks Error 6177?
Another one from the list of 6000 series errors in QuickBooks, the QB error code 6177 is a company file issue. It can adversely affect the functionality of the QuickBooks software you are currently using.
In a situation when this QB issue triggers, it pops up with an error message saying something similar to:
“Error 6177: QuickBooks encountered an issue and required to close. Sorry for the inconvenience.”
Also Read: How To Solve QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301? (Easy Tutorial)
Then Know: How To Solve QuickBooks Error 6150 And 1006? (Best Methods)
Why QuickBooks Error 6177 Triggers On Your Computer Screen?
If the QuickBooks issue 6177 is troubling you, then there could be ample reasons. Here are a few of them:
- When you use an outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop application, the error message 6177 might pop up on your screen.
- In the case where you use a damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company file, a 6177 QB issue may take place.
- You may also encounter QuickBooks problem 6177 in case of a damaged Network Data file.
- If the company file folder is still not configured for sharing the data with the other connected devices in the network.
- You did not install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager correctly.
- A corrupted or damaged company file folder might also lead to error 6177 in QuickBooks.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
How to Resolve QuickBooks error 6177?
As you now know what QuickBooks error 6177 is all about, let us share the top troubleshooting methods that will help you know how to resolve QuickBooks error 6177.
Solution 1: Move The QB Company File To The Local Hard Drive
The first method you must apply for fixing QuickBooks issue 6177 is to move the QB company file to the local hard drive. Here is how:
- If the server is accessible, then copy the QB company file to an external storage device such as a flash drive.
- Next, move the file to the local storage of the computer system in which the QB error message 6177 is triggering.
- In case the server is not accessible, open QuickBooks and hold F2 in order to get the Product Information window.
- Under the File Information section, check the company file path.
- After that, search for the company file in the file location available under the File Information section.
- Once done, you must copy the QuickBooks company file with .qbw extension and then search for the QB company file folder. After you navigate the folder, paste the file into it.
- Now, make a Portable QB file and then save it to the local drive.
- Later on, try restoring the portable file from the local drive back to the server. \
- Again, try to open the company file in which you were facing the error.
Solution 2: Clear QuickBooks Network Data (.ND) File
The next thing you can do for troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 6177 is by deleting the QuickBooks network data (.ND) file. You should follow the below steps for repairing this QuickBooks company file error.
- With the help of Windows file explorer navigate to the folder where QuickBooks is installed.
- Locate the file that has the same name as your QB company file. But make sure it has .nd extension.
- Choose the delete option after right-clicking the file.
- Lastly, restart the QuickBooks desktop application after clicking Yes to confirm the action.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot Error 6177 in QuickBooks Manually
If you wish to fix 6177 error in the QuickBooks desktop, then you can do it manually too. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Navigate to the workstation that stores your QB company files and then close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Next, open the QB company file folder and try locating a file with a .ND extension and clearing it.
- Set up the QuickBooks database manager by going to the Programs option under QuickBooks where you will find QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- In case you don’t find QuickBooks Database Server Manager, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub. And perform all the necessary steps using it.
- But if you become successful in locating the QB Database Server Manager, then tap the “Add Folder” button.
- Navigate to the company file and hit OK. After that, click on the Scan button.
- Close the programs after completion.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
Solution 4: Relocate QuickBooks Installation Files to a New Folder
One more way to resolve QuickBooks error message 6177 is relocating QuickBooks installation files to a new folder. These are the steps you need to follow in order to solve the QB 6177 error:
- Make a new folder on your system where you can effortlessly assess it.
- In the next step, paste all the files into the newly made folder after copying them from the QuickBooks folder.
- For scanning the company file, run QB Database Server Manager on your computer system.
- If you are running the QuickBooks application on the cloud server, then open it. Later on, operate the company file from the new folder location.
Without a doubt, using the above-mentioned steps, one can effortlessly learn how to resolve QuickBooks error 6177. Again, if you still don’t know what to do for getting rid of error message 6177 in QuickBooks, reach our QuickBooks experts via phone call.