Can you imagine that relaxation in your mind when you know how to fix QuickBooks error 3371 after encountering it? Indeed, it’s so satisfying. Again, the next question that might evolve inside your head will be from where to get these troubleshooting tips for fixing QB issue 3371. Well, you will get all those solutions in this article post. Let’s see how!
What is QuickBooks error 3371?
QuickBooks error 3371 is a type of common issue that you encounter while re-configuring the desktop or setting up the QuickBooks company file. And in most cases, this QB issue triggers on your screen when you configure the company file for the first time. It pops up with an error message like:
“ Error 3371 status code 11118: There was a problem in synchronizing your QuickBooks license.”
Then Check: How To Solve QuickBooks Adobe Reader Errors?
Why QuickBooks Error 3371 Triggers On Your Screen?
There could be several reasons why you encounter QuickBooks error 3371. A few of those causes are given below:
- One of the major causes for the occurrence of QuickBooks issue 3371 is the consequence of QB error code 80029c4a.
- The next reason why you witness QuickBooks error message 3371 is a missing or damaged Qbregistration.dat file.
- The QuickBooks desktop performance issues can also make this error occur.
- In a situation where you lose the connection to the QuickBooks data file, you might face this issue.
- If you are facing problems while emailing, printing, or saving PDF files from QuickBooks desktop.
- Error 3371 in QuickBooks occurs due to incomplete or unsuccessful window updates too.
- An interruption because of the antivirus can be another cause for it.
- A damaged MSXML file also leads to QB error code 3371.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 3371?
You can effortlessly tackle QuickBooks problem 3371 if you follow the below-listed troubleshooting solution. Let’s explore each of them and then you can go for the most suitable one.
Solution 1: Delete The ECML File
The first step you must follow for fixing problem 3371 in QuickBooks is by removing the ECML file in QuickBooks. Use the following steps:
- Firstly, shut the QuickBooks application and then close all the running QB processes.
- In the next step, hold the Windows + R keys together.
- After that, a window will pop up on the screen where you need to enter or paste the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Later on, go to Windows Explorer in the next step.
- After finding the ECML file there, hit the delete option for removing it.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot Error 3371 by Running Quick Fix My Program
You can also get rid of error code 3371 in QuickBooks by running Quick Fix My Program under QuickBooks Tool Hub. Here is how.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub program by clicking on its icon available on your screen. (You can download this tool if you don’t have it)
- Once done, go to the Program Problems tab.
- From the Program Problems tab, select the Quick Fix My Program option.
- Next, press the OK button.
- This process might resolve QB issue 3371. Open the company data file to check it.
Solution 3: Start Running The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Another way for resolving QuickBooks license error 3371 code 11118 is by running the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool. Go through the given below steps for making it possible.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and then open it.
- Once the QB Tool Hub Window appears on the screen, tap on the Installation issues tab.
- Next, choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option by clicking on it.
- Allow the tool to run and detect the issue. This process might take some time to complete.
- In the end, reboot the computer system.
Solution 4: Update The Windows Operating System
Probably, you are using an outdated version of Windows for letting the error 3371 in QuickBooks Desktop take place. Therefore, it’s essential to update your Windows operating system by applying the following steps:
- Click on the Windows icon on your desktop screen and hit on the control panel option.
- A control panel window will pop up on the screen. Choose the Windows update option after it.
- Next, hit a click on the Check for updates option for getting rid of QB error message 3371.
- If an update is available, download and install the latest version of Windows.
- Reboot the system after the above step.
Solution 5: Fix The Error 3371 Manually
There are possibilities that all the above-mentioned solutions fail. In that case, you need to resolve the error code 3371 manually by using the following steps:
- Initially, you need to create the damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file again and then troubleshoot the license and then fix all the registration issues
- Furthermore, fix the Microsoft.NET Framework, MSXML, &C++ pitfalls by using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Once done, you need to undergo the reinstallation process by doing a clean installation
- Lastly, run the reboot.file and then update QuickBooks to the latest version.
We hope the above-mentioned solutions will help you in understanding how to fix QuickBooks error 3371 and what it is all about. Still, if you face any difficulties in doing it, feel free to contact our QuickBooks experts. We are round-the-clock available to resolve your QB-related issues and queries.