Imagine all the accounting tasks of your business suffering because you don’t know how to fix QuickBooks error code 1311. Isn’t it an irksome situation? Of course, it is. And that’s where you look for the best solutions that help you in resolving QuickBooks update error 1311.
In this article post, we will be sharing all those troubleshooting steps. Before that, let us explain to you what this QB issue 1311 is all about.
What is QuickBooks Error code 1311?
QuickBooks Desktop error 1311 is a common QuickBooks issue that occurs when you export the financial statement to an Excel file. Besides that, the same error takes place at the time of QuickBooks Desktop application installation through a CD. This particular Quickbooks issue pops up with an error message similar to:
“Error 1311: Source File not found”
Also View: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1603?
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code 1311 Trigger On The Screen?
If you are facing QuickBooks error message 1311, then there could be a huge list of reasons why it occurs. Let’s check a few of them:
- When the QuickBooks installation file is either corrupted or damaged, you encounter QB issue 1311.
- A corrupted Microsoft Office program that was installed on Windows also leads to this error in QuickBooks Desktop.
- You may also witness QuickBooks problem 1311 if the current QB application that you use is not compatible with the Office version in your system.
- A damaged installation CD or CD-ROM drive also makes this QuickBooks error occur.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1311?
Now, we will be sharing some easy ways that are going to assist you in understanding how to fix QuickBooks error code 1311. You can always go for the most suitable one.
Solution 1: By Installing QuickBooks From The Local Storage Of Your System
One way to get rid of QuickBooks update issue 1311 is by installing the QuickBooks application from the local storage of your computer system. Here’s how.
- Firstly, insert the QB installation CD on the CD-ROM drive after opening it.
- In case the autorun opens the QuickBooks installation window automatically, tap Quit at the lower right corner.
- Next, go to the Windows Desktop and right-click on the mouse. You will see the New option. Click on it and then select the Folder.
- After that, you can name the folder as QuickBooks installation and then launch Windows File Manager.
- From the CD-ROM drive, choose all the files by holding Ctrl + A.
- Copy all the selected files by pressing the Ctrl+C option, and then go back to the folder you created in the above steps.
- Paste all the files into that folder.
- Once all the files are copied to the folder, make efforts in installing QuickBooks again.
Solution 2: By Restricting The CD-ROM Access To Local Users
Another way for troubleshooting QuickBooks error 1311 is by restricting the CD-ROM access to local users. You can do it by applying the below-listed steps:
- To begin with, hold the Windows+R key and write Control Panel in the Run window and click enter.
- Tap on the Administrative Tools option and go to the Local Security Policy option by clicking the list.
- Select Security Options and then choose the Microsoft Windows version you are currently using.
- Later on, go to the Restrict CD-ROM option and select it.
Solution 3: Verify Microsoft Office Compatibility with QuickBooks.
You can also verify MS Office compatibility with QuickBooks for fixing error 1311 in QuickBooks. These are the steps you must follow:
- Hold the Windows + R key and then hit the Control Panel option.
- After that, click on the OK option and choose the Add or Remove Programs option.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Office option and then double-click on it.
- In the next steps, hit a click on the Repair option for troubleshooting QB error 1311 or any installation error in QuickBooks.
- Suppose you have an outdated version of Office installed on the system, then get the latest version by installing it from the Microsoft office download page.
Undoubtedly, every QuickBooks issue can be resolved effortlessly if you follow the right steps. And this guide will surely help you in understanding how to fix QuickBooks error code 1311. Still, if you face any problem while solving error code 1311 in QuickBooks, feel free to reach our QuickBooks experts via phone call. Besides that, they will also guide you with the best QuickBooks cloud hosting solutions you should opt for.