Imagine you have a hectic tax-filing day ahead, and a QuickBooks error 6000 77 stops your QB application from working. How does it feel? Aren’t you annoyed? That’s what a 6000 77 error in QuickBooks does. So, it’s always better to get rid of it on time. In this blog post, I will be sharing a few easy steps with you that will be helpful to chuck off this error from your QuickBooks software.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77?
Before we tell you how to fix a QuickBooks issue code 6000 77, it’s always an excellent idea to understand what this issue is all about. Well, it is a common QuickBooks problem that can hinder all your accounting and bookkeeping tasks. Whenever it occurs, you will see an error message similar to:
“Error code 6000, 77: Cannot open QuickBooks Company File…”
Why Does The QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
There are ample instances when a QuickBooks error code 6000 77 appears on your screen. A few of the causes behind this error 6000 77 are as follows:
- In a situation where the location of your QuickBooks company file is not on the external storage device.
- If your QB software is running in the multi-user mode, then too you encounter this QuickBooks problem 6000 77.
- Due to incorrect folder permissions set to the place where you saved the QuickBooks company file, there are chances for you to face this QB error.
- When you open the company file with reference from a mapped file, you might witness a QuickBooks error 6000 77 too.
How To Resolve A QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
Now, when you understand a lot about the QuickBooks issue code 6000 77, it’s the right time to tell you some ultimate ways for fixing it. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
Solution 1: By Re-creating The Damaged Folder
One of the best methods for troubleshooting a QuickBooks issue code 6000 77 is by re-creating the damaged folders containing the QuickBooks-related data. Here is how.
- In the first stage, make a new folder on the C:\ drive of your computer system.
- Now, locate and open the folder containing the company file data.
- After navigating to the “.qbw” file, you need to choose the Copy option after right clicking on the file.
- Next, you need to make a new folder and paste the copied “.qbw file” over there.
- Lastly, try opening QB from a new location and see if this error 6000 77 in QuickBooks still exists.
Solution 2: By Using The QB File Doctor Tool
Another way for getting rid of a QB Desktop error code 6000 77 is by performing the troubleshooting option with QB File Doctor tool.
- Initially, download and install the QB Tool Hub and then open it.
- Later on, locate the Company File Issues tab from there and tap on it.
- Once done, you need to tap on the QuickBooks File Doctor option and select the company file that was facing the error.
- After completing the above step, click on the option saying “Check Your File,”and press Continue.
- Next, insert the Admin password and let the file doctor tool to scan and fix the QB error 6000 77.
Solution 3: By Accessing The Windows Firewall Security Panel
Did the above-mentioned steps fail in your case? Then, you can also fix the error code 6000 77 in QuickBooks by accessing the Windows Firewall Security Panel.
- To start with, turn off the multi-user mode in the QuickBooks software.
- In the next step, navigate to the Windows Search bar.
- Under the Windows Search bar, you need to enter Windows defender Firewall with Advanced Security for opening this program.
- Furthermore, go to the Inbound rules on the left panel and right click on it. Choose the New Rule option.
- Now, click on the TCP option under the Port option, and hit Next.
- Insert the required port as per the QuickBooks year version you are currently using.
Wrapping it up:
Undeniably, the above-discussed steps are extremely easy to follow when it comes to fixing QuickBooks error 6000 77. Whether you resolve this QuickBooks company file error using the file doctor tool or you do it by changing the setting of your computer system, it’s up to you. Are you still facing difficulties while troubleshooting the error code 6000 77 in QB Desktop? Don’t worry. Get in touch with our QuickBooks experts for technical assistance.