Is a QuickBooks error 1721 making your accounting tasks difficult? Are you piled up with a plethora of tax files on a heavy tax filing day? Then, this blog post is going to help you in troubleshooting this QuickBooks error code 1721. Same time, we will also explain to you what QuickBooks issue code 1721 is all about and why it takes place. So, without waiting much, let’s begin.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1721?
A QuickBooks issue 1721 is a Windows-installer-related error that usually pops up while installing or uninstalling the QB application. And as we discussed earlier, the major problem you face due to this error is your failure to perform all the accounting functions in your system. Here is the error message that you usually face on QuickBooks:
“Error code 1721: There are some issues with this Windows Installer…”
Why Does The QuickBooks Error 1721 Occurs On Your Screen?
You might encounter a QuickBooks installation error 1721 due to ample reasons. And some of the main causes for this error code 1721 in QuickBooks Desktop could be:
- Probably, a different version of the QuickBooks software installed on your system is becoming a hurdle for the installation of other QB versions and leading to issue code 1721 in QuickBooks.
- Due to outdated or erroneous Windows registry also you witness a QuickBooks problem 1721.
- Another cause for the occurence of the QuickBooks issue code 1721 is the outdated windows version that might be installed on your computer.
- When the user account does not have access to administrative authority for installing the QuickBooks program.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1721?
Now, you already know what this QB issue 1721 is all about and why it triggers on your screen. How is the thought about knowing the best ways to troubleshoot it? Well, check the below solutions for fixing a QuickBooks problem 1721:
Solution 1: By Making A New Windows User Account Having Admin Rights
The first step for resolving an issue code 1721 is by making a new Windows account that has admin rights. Here is how.
- Firstly, go to the Start menu and choose the settings option from there. Hit on the Accounts option.
- Now, tap on the Family & other users option and choose the account owner name from there ( you will see “Local account” below the name), and then click on Change account type option.
(Always Remember: In case you are choosing an account showing email address and doesn’t reflect “Local account,” then it means you are giving admin permission access to a Microsoft account and not a local account)
- Later on, make sure to choose the Administrator option under the Account type and hit OK.
- Lastly, you can log in with the new admin account.
Solution 2: By Using The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the above method fails, then you can also run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool for eradicating QB issue code 1721. Use the following methods to fix a QuickBooks problem 1721 by running the QB Install Diagnostic tool:
- First of all, you must download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After doing it, check the Installation issues tab in it, and click on it.
- In the next step, you will need to choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and allow the tool to perform the troubleshooting process. This process may take upto 20 minutes.
- After the tool ends the fixation process, start your system again.
Solution 3: By Registering the Installer Program Again
If even the QB Diagnostic tool couldn’t remove the QuickBooks Desktop issue 1721, then you must try registering the Installer program again. Use the below-listed methods.
- To begin with, you need to start your computer system again and then hit F8 immediately after you receive the BIOS message.
- Next, choose the Safe Mode by moving the arrow keys and then sign in as Administrator.
- In the next step, tap on the Start button and then hit Run.
- After that, you need to hit Enter after typing “cmd” in the given area.
- A command prompt will appear on your screen where you need to write “msiexec u/unregister” and then press Enter.
- Later on, insert “msiexec /register” under the command prompt.
- Furthermore, you exit the command prompt and then go to the Control Panel.
- Lastly, you must tap on the Add/Remove programs option and then click on the program you wish to uninstall and install again.
Wrapping it up:
All in all, the above-mentioned steps are a perfect way to get rid of a QuickBooks error 1721. Whether you make a new Windows User account having admin rights, through a QB Install Diagnostic Tool, or register the installer program again, your purpose is surely going to be solved. But in case you face difficulties while resolving this QB installation error 1721, feel free to call our QB experts.