Just think about a day when you have a lot of tax-filing tasks to do, and a QuickBooks error C 387 appears on your screen. Isn’t it annoying? Aren’t you feeling betrayed by a lame QuickBooks issue code C 387? Well, this ultimate guide on QuickBooks error C 387 will make your work smooth. Let’s see how.
What is QuickBooks error code C 387?
A QuickBooks error C 387 is an unexpected error in QuickBooks that creates issues in the invoice templates in your QB software. Besides that, your QB application will freeze more frequently due to this issue. But why does it actually occur? Have you ever thought about the reasons? I must suggest that knowing the causes for the occurrence of this error will be helpful in fixing it. Let me tell explain a few of the reasons for a QuickBooks error C 387.
Why does the QuickBooks error C 387 triggers on your screen?
There are a plethora of reasons why QuickBooks error C 387 appears on your screen. Given below are a few of the causes for a QB issue C 387:
- The deletion of an essential file from the system might lead to this error code C 387.
- If the installation of QB may be incorrect and hence this becomes another reason for this QuickBooks problem.
- When there are some corruptions in the QuickBooks operations then also a QB issue pops up.
- Several times improper shutdown of your system also becomes the next cause for a QuickBooks error.
- Due to a malware or virus attack also you can encounter this error.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error C 387?
Finally, you understand what a QuickBooks problem C 387 is all about and why does it pop up on your system. But how to fix this error is still a mystery. Here are a few of the methods for fixing a QuickBooks issue C 387 that you must know.
Solution 1: Through a re-image tool
You must download the re-image tool for resolving the error code C 387 in QuickBooks. It will help you in enhancing the performance and speed of your computer system. Here is how to use it.
- To start with, you must start downloading the reimage tool from the manufacturer site and then save it on your computer system.
- Now, go to the location of the file, and double tab on it for letting the installation process begin.
- Once done, you will see a welcome screen and you’ll require to uncheck the checkbox. ( the scanning process will start automatically)
- In the next step, hold the install tab and wait for the Reimage tool to install. This tool is going to voluntarily download all the needed updates on your system.
- Lastly, start rebooting your computer system and see if the error still exists.
Solution 2: By Refreshing And Making Invoices In The System
Another way to get rid of a QuickBooks issue C 387 is by refreshing the system and then making invoices. These are the steps you must follow to resolve a QuickBooks issue C 387.
- First of all, locate the customers menu option and then choose the create invoices option.
- Later on, select a relevant template and then add the customer, item, and amount details.
- Afterwards, press on the save tab and click on the delete option.
- In the end, tap OK and you are all set.
Solution 3: By Fixing the QuickBooks Desktop
If the aforementioned methods fail, you can also fix the QB desktop with the help of the repair tool in QuickBooks. Get rid of a QuickBooks error C 387 using the following steps:
- Initially, launch the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Later on, open the control panel on your computer system and locate the programs and features tab.
- Next, select the QuickBooks Desktop option and click on the uninstall/repair option.
- After that, press the next option and then tap on the repair now option.
- In conclusion, reboot your system and verify if the error still exists.
Solution 4: With the Help of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
A QB Install Diagnostic Tool is also helpful in troubleshooting a QuickBooks problem C 387. Here is how.
- Firstly, launch the QB Tool hub.
- Furthermore, go to the installation issues tab and click on it.
- Afterwards, tap on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool for allowing the troubleshooting process to begin.
- Wait for some time and let the process end. Reboot the system.
Summing it up:
Undoubtedly, solving a QuickBooks error C 387 is not rocket science if you apply the above-discussed steps. You can do it with the help of the re-image tool, by refreshing and making the invoices, through the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, and whatnot.
Are you still confused while performing the steps to fix a QB error C 387? Feel free to call our QB Experts.