Have you ever thought about what QuickBooks online login errors can do to your accounting task? No? Then, just imagine it. You might be feeling annoyed now. That’s what QuickBooks online login problems do to both your feelings and work. Here we will discuss everything about Intuit QuickBooks online issues: what are they, why they occur, and how to fix them.
What are QuickBooks Online Login Problems?
As a QuickBooks user, you can face issues while logging in to your QuickBooks Online account. And that’s what we call QuickBooks online login issues. One of the main causes for this QB error is the security problems in your system. It can make your accounting work difficult during a heavy tax-filing day. Hence, this thing leads to low work productivity. Let me now tell you a few more reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks login troubles.
Why Does The QuickBooks Online Login Errors Occur?
There could be ample reasons why QuickBooks online login accountant issues might trigger on your screen. Enlisted below are some of the causes for the occurrence of login errors in QuickBooks Online:
- In a situation where someone else signs in to QuickBooks Online with your account credentials but from another location.
- Probably, you forgot to log out from the previous QBO session or you didn’t sign out properly.
- In a few instances, it could be antivirus or other firewall applications that are causing QB login errors.
- Maybe you didn’t add Intuit QuickBooks as a trusted site in your internet browser settings that leads to this login error.
- An old history or cache file also leads to QuickBooks online login intuit error.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Online Login Errors?
Finally, when you know what QuickBooks online login errors are all about, let me give a detailed explanation on getting rid of them.
Solution 1: By Adding QuickBooks as a Trusted Site
The first thing you must do for fixing a QuickBook online login problem is to add Intuit QuickBooks as a trusted site.
- Initially, open your web browser and locate the three-dot icon available on the top-right corner of the address bar and hit on it.
- Next, choose the ‘Settings’ option, and then start looking for the ‘Site Settings’ option.
- Once done, tap on the ‘Change proxy Settings’ option and go to the ‘Security’ tab.
- Under the ‘Security’ tab, press on the trusted site’s icon and then enter the following URLs as trusted sites: https://qbo.intuit.com, and https://quickbooks.intuit.com/
- Lastly, tap on the ‘Close’ icon after adding the above sites and press OK.
Solution 2: By Clearing the Cache and Cookies of The Browser
Another way to get rid of Intuit QB online login troubles is by clearing the cache and cookies of the web browsers you are using. It may differ from browser to browser. Here is how to do it in the case of Google Chrome:
- First of all, select the ‘Settings’ option from the top-right corner of the browser, and then click on the ‘Privacy and Security’ option.
- Now, locate the Cookies and site data option under the content option.
- In the next step, tap on the ‘See all cookies & Site Data’ option and type ‘intuit’ in the search bar.
- After that, remove all the intuit cookies by choosing the ‘Remove all shown’ option.
- In the final step, you must restart Chrome and try logging in to QB Online once again.
Solution 3: By Fixing The DNS Settings
Suppose both the above steps fail for fixing a QuickBooks online login problem, then you can also fix the DNS settings to troubleshoot it. The process of doing it is different in Windows and Mac. Here is how it differs:
For Windows Users
- To start with, shut down the browser and the currently running applications or programs.
- Next, you require to tap on the ‘Windows’ key and press cmd in the search field.
- After the command prompt window appears on your screen, you need to right-click on the command, and choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Later on, copy-paste or insert ‘Ipconfig /flushdns’ and hit Enter.
- Again, type ‘ipconfig /registerdns’ and press Enter.
- In the end, log in to your QuickBooks Online once again.
For Mac Users
- Initially, you need to shut down the currently running programs and then navigate to the ‘Go’ menu.
- After that, choose the ‘Utilities’ option and then double-tap on the Terminal option under it.
- Once done, insert ‘dscacheutil -flushcache’ and hit Enter.
- Furthermore, press Enter again after typing ‘sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder’
- Finally, sign up to QB online after closing the terminal window
Summing it up:
Indeed, you can fix QuickBooks online login errors by using the above-discussed solutions. Add QB as a trusted site, clear the caches and cookies, fix the DNS settings, or use any other method, it’s your choice. However, we can help you to make your troubleshooting process smooth if you are facing issues while doing. Just take your phone and call our QuickBooks experts.