Did a QuickBooks error 15222 become a hurdle for your accounting work? Are you just annoyed due to it? Well, this blog post is going to chuck out all your irritation. It’s because it covers everything about a QuickBooks error code 15222: what it is, why it occurs and how to fix it. So, without further ado, let’s explore.
What is QuickBooks error code 15222?
An error code 15222 in QuickBooks Desktop is a common payroll issue in the QuickBooks application that usually hinders your accounting tasks. And whenever you encounter this 15222 error in QuickBooks, there will be interruptions in the downloading processes. Probably, you won’t be able to update the QuickBooks application due to it.
Why does the QuickBooks error 15222 occur?
There are a plethora of reasons why a QuickBooks issue 15222 appears on your screen. Enlisted causes are some of them:
- In a situation where Internet Explorer isn’t a default browser, then you might encounter a QuickBooks error code 15222.
- If the registered digital signatures stop working, then also you will face a QB payroll error 15222.
- Whenever you set an incorrect date or time in your Windows system, there are chances for you to witness this QuickBooks payroll error.
- A few system security applications such as anti-malware or anti-spyware can also lead to QuickBooks payroll problem 15222 sometimes.
How to resolve QuickBooks error 15222?
In order to fix a QuickBooks problem 15222, there are ample methods that you can follow. We will be discussing some of those solutions that will help you in getting rid of a QuickBooks error code 15222.
Solution 1: By Updating The Core Data Files in QuickBooks Application
If your system has any antivirus or antispyware software installed in it, then you must start updating the following applications to fix QB error 15222:
- qbupdate.exe process
- Domains from Payroll.com and Intuit.com
Solution 2: By Installing a Digital Signature certificate in QuickBooks
Another way to get rid of a QuickBooks issue code 15222 is by installing a digital signature certificate in QuickBooks software:
- First of all, you need to shut down the QuickBooks desktop version in your system.
- Once done, you might not be able to see the digital signature in case of an opened QuickBooks software.
- Next, look for the ‘QBW32.exe file’ that will probably be located in the ‘C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks‘.
- Later on, select the ‘Digital Signature‘ tab and make sure to choose the ‘Intuit Inc’ option from the signature list.
- In the next step, click on the ‘Details’ option and tap on the ‘View Certificate’ option under the Digital signature details window.
- Afterwards, start installing the certificate after clicking on ‘Install Certificate’ option under the Certificate window.
- Furthermore, hit on the ‘Next’ tab and click on the Finish button whenever it appears.
- Lastly, reboot your system and start downloading the updates again.
Solution 3: By Turning Off the Windows Firewall
Another way for troubleshooting a QuickBooks error 15222 is by turning off the Windows Firewall settings. Here is how.
- Initially, go to the ‘Start’ button and then choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- Later on, tap on the ‘Windows Security’ option for opening it.
- After that, pick the ‘Firewall and Network Protection‘ option from the ‘Windows Security’ window.
- Next, select the ‘Public Network‘, ‘Domain‘, and ‘private Network’ options in a chronological order.
- Now, turn off the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ that contains the network types.
- In the last step, you need to verify the internet connectivity.
Solution 4: With the Help of Intuit QuickBooks Tool Hub
If the above steps fail, you can also download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub for fixing an error code 15222 in QuickBooks Desktop. Here is how to fix this QuickBooks payroll error using the QB Tool hub:
- To start with, launch the QB Tool Hub and click on the ‘Programs’ tab.
- Afterwards, hit on ‘Quick fix my program, and let the troubleshooting process to complete.
- Finally, open your QuickBooks application again and see if the error still exists.
Summing it up:
Undeniably, every QuickBooks error has a solution, be it QuickBooks unrecoverable errors, payroll errors, or whatnot. I hope this guide on solving a QuickBooks error 15222 will be helpful. However, you can still call our QuickBooks experts for clearing doubts while fixing this error.