Are you searching for the troubleshooting steps on how to solve QuickBooks error when exporting to excel? If yes, then your hunting will end now. Although exporting QuickBooks to excel is a piece of cake, you can still encounter a technical problem sometimes.
We will share everything about this QuickBooks when exporting to excel, its causes, and complete steps to solve it.
What is QuickBooks Error When Exporting To Excel?
Exporting Quickbooks data to Excel is essential when you have a lot of records and you require to edit them hassle-free. In such a situation, you usually transfer your important data from QuickBooks to excel. And that’s the time when you can encounter Quickbooks issue saying, “ QuickBooks export to Excel not working.”
Well, you need not scratch your head if you face any exporting from QuickBooks to Excel problems. You can say thanks to the step-by-step solutions we will share with you for fixing it. But before that, let us tell you why does QuickBooks error when exporting to excel occurs.
Why Does QuickBooks Error When Exporting To Excel Occurs?
There can be a plethora of reasons why your Quickbooks freezes when trying to export to Excel. So, before we begin discussing ways to solve QuickBooks error when exporting to Excel, here are the potential causes for it to occur:
- You have not installed the latest software updates for a long time
- There is an incomplete or partial update issue
- A corrupted MS Excel software can be another reason
- Wrong Windows User Account Controls settings can also result in errors exporting files in Excel from QuickBooks.
- Your system is not meeting the minimum system requirement criteria to run the QuickBooks application.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
How To Solve QuickBooks Error When Exporting To Excel?
You can always solve QuickBooks error when exporting to Excel if you follow the below steps.
Method 1: Update the QuickBooks Application
Updating your QuickBooks application will ensure that it works well in its optimal state. Enlisted steps for QuickBooks update can help you in resolving QuickBooks error when exporting to excel:
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks Application on your system.
- Click on the ‘update’ option after going to the main menu.
- After you complete the entire update process, verify if the error still exists.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- If this method didn’t work, you can follow the next solution.
Also Know: How to solve QuickBooks update error 1328?
Then View: How to Solve QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159? (Complete Solution)
Method 2: Disable the Windows User Account Control Settings Temporarily
Several times your Windows User Account Control settings can suspect QuickBooks and all the processes related to it. As a result, your Windows blocks a few actions performed on QuickBooks.
You can disable the Windows user account control settings temporarily by using the below steps:
- Tap on the Windows Start button and try locating UAC.
- Later, you can click on the Change User Account Control Settings option and edit the settings to Never Notify.
- Press the OK button and then start the Windows again.
- Now you can try exporting a form or report from QuickBooks in Excel format
Is the QuickBooks error when exporting to excel still bothering you? Follow the methods given below.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
Method 3: Try To Use the Correct Method While Exporting
You might be unable to export to excel from QuickBooks desktop for not applying the correct method. Hence, you can troubleshoot this QuickBooks issue by using the below steps:
- Locate the Customer Center and select Transactions from the Transaction Panel.
- Choose the transaction for the transaction journal from the Transactions list.
- Select your transaction journal.
- Click on the Excel button and make a new worksheet and then export it to excel.
- Always ensure you open the Item List first before opening the report.
- Choose List and then select Open Item List from it.
- You can now go to the Report Menu. Choose and Open the Report you want to open.
- Tap on the Email button and then click on the Export to Excel option.
- Choose Excel or Email as Excel Form from the drop-down list.
Wrapping it up:
The discussed steps will undeniably help you to solve QuickBooks error when exporting to excel. You can update your QuickBooks software setting, disable the Windows User Account settings, and also can re-check if you are using the correct method. If all these steps fail, you can also apply troubleshooting steps to repair Excel.
Did none of the above steps work while fixing QuickBooks error when exporting to excel? You are just a call away to reach our QuickBooks experts team.