Do you want to know how to solve QuickBooks Update error 1328? Then, you are finally at the right place. This blog post will finally resolve all your QuickBooks update issues. These QuickBooks errors can affect your work productivity if you don’t fix them on time.
Before we discuss how to solve QuickBooks Update Error 1328, let us tell you a few things about it.
What is QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
QuickBooks Update Error 1328 is the issue that you encounter while updating, repairing, uninstalling, or installing the QuickBooks application. Although this QuickBooks update error appears in different ways on your screen, its path file still remains the same, i.e. C:\config.msi\.
The config.msi folder is the temporary archive for data storage that helps in rolling back an installation if it fails. After the current installation of the application, the content of this folder gets deleted. But if the content of this folder does not vanish, your QuickBooks software will show a Quickbooks update error.
Why does QuickBooks Update Error 1328 take place?
Before we discuss how to solve QuickBooks Update Error 1328, it’s essential for you to know why error updating QuickBooks takes place. Here are a few of the reasons.
- When the Quickbooks downloading process is not correct
- In case of a corrupted QuickBooks file while using QuickBooks desktop application
- Due to network issues leading to incomplete QuickBooks downloading process
- Malfunctioning that causes infectious attack in the QuickBooks software
- Incorrect QuickBooks installation process
- Constant QuickBooks software application installation failure that results in invalid entries in your Windows registry
- Due to a power failure
How to Solve QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
As you now know the reasons for the Quickbooks update issues, it’s important for you to fix QuickBooks error 1328. So, let’s explore how to solve QuickBooks update error 1328.
Method 1: Find the config.msi File
- Right-click on the start key button & then select explore.
- After double-clicking on the ‘C’ drive key, tap on the tools option and then, select the folder.
- Tap to view the tab option and then choose all hidden files and folders option.
- Later, tap apply all changes and click the OK button.
- You will now be able to operate all required system files.
- Go to the rename option after right-clicking on the config.msi folder.
- Add old ^ at the end of the file name and then press the enter key button.
- This will protect and hide all the essential files and folders on the operating system of your computer.
Method 2: By Using the Registry Repair Tool
- Fix the damaged registry Entries related to the QuickBooks desktop application by applying the registry repair tool.
- Later, fix all the malware infectious attacks by using the malware removal tool.
- After doing it, remove all the unrequired or junk files from the System.
- Don’t forget to uninstall all the outdated PC Device Drivers as it’s essential at the same time.
- Select Undo through the Recent System Changes for the restoring process to occurs (Only applicable for the Windows system)
- Uninstall the QuickBooks application and then reinstall it
- To scan your computer for damaged files and repair, run Windows System File Checker
- You are all set to install essential Windows Updates
And then, know: How To Speed Up QuickBooks If It Is Running Slow?
Method 3: Fix your QuickBooks Installation Process
- Firstly, log on as an administrator to the Windows
- Select programs & features after opening your Windows control panel tab.
- By doing it, you will be able to find the QuickBooks product heading section, select it, & then tap to uninstall them by changing any button.
- Select the repair option tab, when the QuickBooks installer pops up
- Apply a security patch after running the QuickBooks application on your computer.
- Take expert guidance if you are still not able to solve QuickBooks update error.
Method 4: Use Clean Installation to Re-install
- Firstly, uninstall your QuickBooks Software
- Now, you have to make a clean installation of the Quickbooks software by choosing any of the following steps:
- Direct installation from CD drive
- Through a downloaded Quickbooks software file
Solution 5: By Using QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool for Installation
- Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and then install it.
- Save the downloaded file on your computer system.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool after closing all the open programs.
- Restart your system.
Wrapping it up:
Finally, you know how to solve QuickBooks update error after reading this post. Don’t you? We think the above steps will help you whenever you face any QuickBooks update issue in the future.
Is your QuickBooks not updating even after following the above steps? In that case, all you can do is give us a call.