Do you want to know how to solve QuickBooks backup error- unable to backup company file? Of course, you will be curious to learn about it if you are facing one. Data is an essential part of any business that surely requires a backup. And QuickBooks Backup failure at that moment can affect the productivity of your business. But why do QuickBooks backup issues occur?
This article post will cover everything about QuickBooks desktop backup error, their types, and how to solve QuickBooks backup error.
Table of Contents
Why does QuickBooks backup error occur?
Every issue has a cause and the same goes with a QuickBooks backup error. Therefore, before learning how to solve QuickBooks backup error, you must know the reasons for the occurrence of these Quickbooks errors. Enlisted are a few of them:
- The storage device is not available for QuickBooks backup
- Damage in QuickBooks desktop company profile
- Setting up of a wrong backup path resulting in prompts like QuickBooks backup failed Rebuild data
What All QuickBooks Backup Error Messages You Usually Encounter?
If you are a QuickBooks user and facing QuickBooks backup issues while backing up your data or the company file, then you may encounter the following QuickBooks backup error messages:
- Unable to restore QuickBooks backup file
- QuickBooks Online backup not working
- QuickBooks encountered a problem attempting to backup drive specified could not be accessed
- QuickBooks backup failed Rebuild data
What are the different types of QuickBooks Backup Errors?
Although there are ample QuickBooks Backup errors, enlisted are a few of the most common QuickBooks Backup issues:
- QuickBooks Backup Error 1071
- QuickBooks Backup Error 1117
- QuickBooks Backup Error 2103
How To Solve QuickBooks Backup Error Unable to Backup Company File?
Nothing is unfixable in this world if you follow the apt steps to solve it, be it daily life issues or a QuickBooks backup error. Learn how to solve QuickBooks backup error by applying any of the following methods:
Solution 1: Use new company file name by Setting Up QuickBooks Desktop
- Click the option ‘Open or Restore‘ an existing company from the QuickBooks ‘File menu‘.
- After doing it, Select ‘Open a company file‘, and then click on ‘Next‘.
- Choose the ‘New company file name‘ and then click on ‘Open‘.
Solution 2: Try Creating a Backup of the company file into an external drive or flash drive
- Go to the ‘File‘ menu and then select the ‘Save Copy or Backup‘ option.
- Later select the ‘Backup copy‘ and then click on ‘Next‘.
- After that, you need to choose ‘Local Backup‘, and then select ‘Next‘.
- Once you do it, you have to choose ‘Save it now‘, when required, and move further after clicking on ‘Next‘.
- You will have to browse to a location on the local drive after it. Once you decide the file location, click on the ‘save button.’
- Head to the next step after minimizing the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Later, try locating the backup file on the local drive.
- Select the ‘copy‘ option after right-clicking on the file.
- After doing it, you will open a ‘Windows Explorer‘ window.
- Open the external drive or flash drive by double-clicking the drive letter that corresponds to the drive.
- Choose the ‘Paste‘ option after right-clicking on ‘File‘ and you are all set.
Solution 3: By Renaming the QuickBooks Desktop Company file
Before you make changes to the company file, always make sure to take a backup of the same for the purpose to prevent any mess. Additionally, if you are using Loan Manager, then don’t forget to recreate information in the loan manager once the company file is renamed.
- Open the company file after choosing the ‘launch the Desktop‘ option.
- Later, press F2 or Ctrl+1 on the keyboard after which the ‘Product Information‘ Window will pop up.
- Remember to note the company file location listed in the ‘File information field‘
- Later, navigate the company file location. This step will probably vary with the Windows version, such as:
Windows 10,8.1 and 8: If you use Windows 10, 8.1, and 8, you need to right-click the ‘Windows start‘ button and then choose the ‘File Explorer’.
Windows 7 and Vista: For this Windows version, you have to right-click the ‘Windows start’ button and then choose the ‘open windows explorer option.
- Select the ‘Rename‘ option after right-clicking the file.
- After following the above step, all you need to do is type the new company file name and then press ‘Enter‘. If the Windows prompts for the user confirmation action and then click on ‘Yes‘.
Summing it up:
Indeed, it’s an unavoidable process to back up QuickBooks’ company profile. Therefore, you should know how to solve QuickBooks Backup error if it occurs. Make sure you don’t miss any of the above steps to fix QuickBooks backup error.
Are you still not able to solve QuickBooks Backup error unable to backup company file? You are just a step away from giving us a call. We will connect you to our QuickBooks experts to solve QuickBooks backup issues.