Did an urge to know how to solve QuickBooks error 6129 make you land on this blog? If yes, then this article post will prove to be a treasure for you. We will be sharing some of the best troubleshooting tips for getting rid of error code 6129 in QuickBooks. Also, we will be revealing the reasons behind this QB error so that it helps you in preventing this QB error message 6129.
What is QuickBooks Error 6129?
The QuickBooks Error code 6129 usually occurs when the database connection verification fails in your QuickBooks application. And that’s the time when you can’t access the QB company file. Due to these network issues, the QuickBooks software fails to locate the computer or the server that holds the particular company file that you want to open. In such a situation, you see an error message appearing on the screen saying:
“Error 6129: QB Database verification failure issue”
Also Read: How To Solve QuickBooks Error 6147? (Simple Troubleshooting Steps)
Then See: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6123? (Expert Assistance)
Why Does The QuickBooks Error 6129 Take Place?
There could be a cornucopia of reasons why the QuickBooks error 6129 takes place. Enlisted are a few of them:
- Most probably, you are not using the latest version of QuickBooks in the multi-user configuration mode on all the computers.
- The data files are in a corrupted network.
- When there is a mismatch between the client and the server domain.
- In case there is an upgrade of the QB company file to a newer version of QuickBooks Desktop using a non-Windows Administrator profile, then also QB error code 6129 occurs.
- If the network data file (.ND) comes out to be damaged, there are chances for the QB mistake 6129 to trigger.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
How To Solve QuickBooks Error 6129?
When it comes to getting rid of QuickBooks problem 6129, then there are a variety of methods. Here are a few of them.
Method 1: Login To QuickBooks As A Windows Administrator
The first way for resolving the QuickBooks problem 6129 is by logging in to QuickBooks as a Windows Administrator. Here is how.
- Firstly, try to open the QB company file.
- Once done, log into Windows as “System Administrator” for updating the needed company file.
- If you still can’t log in as an administrator on QB, seek some help from the IT professionals in that case.
Method 2: Fix Error 6129 By Disabling the Antivirus
If you are using Windows in safe mode, then you can troubleshoot QuickBooks problem 6129 by disabling the antivirus and other software. Here are the steps:
- Initially, restart your workstation in “Safe Mode”
- Now, disable the settings of the active antivirus software.
- After creating the company file, restart your computer in Normal mode.
- In the end, once again open QB and company file.
Method 3: Change The Names Of The QB Network Files (.ND)
Another method for eradicating the QuickBooks enterprise error 6129 is by renaming the QuickBooks network file (.ND). Here is how:
- To start with, open the folder of the saved QB company file.
- Search on the hard drive or on the system for all the QB files with the extension “.nd” in their name.
- Next, rename the file to an old company file name. To do it, you must right-click on the file and then select “Rename.”
- After that, hit the “Enter” button and type “.old” as the file extension.
- Now, go to the start button, then choose programs, and later tap QuickBooks.
- After tapping on QuickBooks, select the Database Server Manager option.
- Go to the “Scan Folders” tab and choose it.
- If there is no folder that includes the needed company file, add a “new folder.”
- After that, let the scanning process begin after clicking on the “scan” tab.
- Lastly, try opening the QB company file again.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
Method 4: Try Updating QB To The Latest Version
One more thing that you can do to remove the QuickBooks error codes (-6129 0) is by updating QB to the latest version. Let’s have a look at how to do it.
- In the QuickBooks application, go to the Help option.
- From there, choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Later, click on the Update Now button in the dialogue box that appears.
- After that, press the “Get updates” option. Let the downloading process begin.
- Restart the computer system after the process.
Wrapping it up:
We hope the aforementioned methods will help you to understand how to solve QuickBooks error 6129. And it is completely up to you whether you do it by logging in to QuickBooks as Administrator, disabling the antivirus, renaming the .ND file or updating the latest version of QB application.
Did this article post help you in getting rid of error 6129 QuickBooks Desktop? If not, then feel free to reach our QB experts via phone call.