Do you usually visit various websites and still don’t get how to resolve QuickBooks error 20102? Well, you are not alone in the league because a lot of people experience the same situation. But you know what, these errors are not too tough to fix if you use the right procedures. In this post, we will be sharing a few of them.
But before we share those 20102 QB error troubleshooting methods with you, it’s always beneficial if you know what a 20102 error code in QuickBooks exactly is.
What is QuickBooks Error 20102?
The error 20102 in QuickBooks Desktop is a QB Payroll issue from the 20XXX series of QuickBooks errors. When this QB error code 20102 takes place, you face difficulty in managing the pay and financial status of your employees. And a warning message appears on your screen saying something similar to:
“Error 20102 Quickbooks direct deposit. Sorry for the inconvenience.”
Why Does The QuickBooks Error 20102 Trigger on your screen?
There could be ample reasons why the QuickBooks EWS error 20102 appears on your screen. Some of them are as follows:
- Corrupted registry files are one of the root causes for this error to take place. This file corruption can be the consequence of software updates from the current version to the latest release.
- When a malware or virus attack adversely affects the functionality of the QuickBooks application, then also you might encounter QuickBooks payroll error 20102.
- If the QuickBooks software is not installed in a proper way, there are chances that the QuickBooks error message 20102 pops up on your computer screen.
When Can You Know The QuickBooks Error 20102 Has Occurred On Your Screen?
You can know whenever QuickBooks issue 20102 occurs on your screen. There are symptoms when this QB problem takes place. Here are a few of them:
- During the program execution, the window crashes frequently.
- Your system might hang while loading the QuickBooks software.
- The active program functioning stops and crashes more often at the time of error 20102 in QB.
- When other applications do not respond fast to the enter command, and the system has difficulty in operating the function in a timely manner
- As a user, you may face credentials loss issues
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 20102?
Finally, we will be sharing the solutions for troubleshooting QuickBooks error code 20102. Have a glance at each of them and pick the one that suits you the best.
Solution 1: By Repairing The Registry Entries In Windows
To begin with, you need to repair all the registry entries in Windows by using the following steps:
- Firstly, you can shut down your system by simply switching it off.
- Type “Command” in the search area of the Start menu.
- Next, you have to choose the command prompts and press the ctrl + shift + enter keys.
- Now, you need to tap on the Yes tab.
- Later on, you will witness a black box along with a blinking cursor.
- Type “regedit” in that black box where the cursor will be blinking.
- Furthermore, select all the keys that are related to the QB issue 20102.
- Next, go to the File tab and choose the Export option.
- After that select the folder where you wish to save the file.
- After giving a new title to the folder, you must choose the selected branch and press Save.
- Later on, take a backup of the file with the .reg extension name.
- In the final step, you must repair and edit the registry entities.
Solution 2: By Running The File Doctor Tool
The QuickBooks File Doctor program troubleshoots a lot of common QuickBooks errors. Here is how you must run it for solving error 20102 in QuickBooks desktop.
- First of all, download and install the QB Tool hub.
- Next, click on the Company file issues tab that you will find in QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, you must run the File Doctor Tool in QuickBooks.
- After that, press Continue once you select the Check your file option.
- To complete the procedure, enter the login information, and tap enter.
Solution 3: By Reinstalling The QuickBooks Application
You might reinstall the QB application if you want to get rid of the error message 20102 in QuickBooks. Let’s see how.
- To start with, check for the add or remove programs tab.
- Now, select the QuickBooks icon, and then click on the uninstall option.
- After that, visit the QB website and then install the most recent QuickBooks software version.
- You can also use the QB software CD to install the latest version.
- Follow all the ongoing prompts and then open the QB software.
We hope this article post will help you in knowing how to resolve QuickBooks error 20102 if you encounter it. You can repair the windows registry, run the file doctor tool, and reinstall the QB application. Still, if you can’t fix the QuickBooks payroll error 20102, contact our QuickBooks experts for further assistance.