Imagine a phase when you have a lot of accounting tasks to do but a QuickBooks error 6143 pops up. Don’t you feel agitated? Well, that’s the blunder of a QuickBooks company file issue 6143. But what is this error all about? Why is it making your tax-filing days too hectic? How can you troubleshoot it? The answer is in this article post.
What is QuickBooks Error 6143?
QuickBooks error 6143 is a company file issue in the QuickBooks software that makes your accounting work difficult. Whenever you try to work on your QuickBooks company file, your windows start crashing due to this error. Thus, it becomes essential for you to fix this error as soon as possible for allowing a smooth working environment. Let me tell you some reasons for the occurrence of this problem in QB.
Also Read: How To Repair Quickbooks Company File That Won’t Open? (Easy Steps)
Must View: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83? (Troubleshooting Solutions)
Why Does A QuickBooks Error Code 6143 Appears On Your Screen?
There could be a cornucopia of reasons why a QuickBooks problem 6143 pops up on your screen, such as:
- One of the most expected causes for the occurrence of QB company file issue 6143 is the corruption or damage in the Windows system file.
- Due to deleted Windows system files or damaged entries also a QuickBooks trouble 6143 triggers on your screen.
- Another cause for the 6143 issue in QB is the virus or malware infection.
- You can also encounter this QB company file issue because of inappropriate application installation.
- A missing file that was actually required for the operation might also lead to error 6143.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6143?
Finally, when you understand what a QuickBooks issue code 6143 is all about and why it appears on your system, let’s explore how to fix it.
Method 1: Verify If The Issue Lies Within The Program or Company File
First of all, must recognize whether it’s the QuickBooks application or company file that is problematic. You must open the sample file on your system for accomplishing this task. Here is how.
- To start with, locate the No Company Open Window and choose the “Open Sample File” option from there.
- Next, open the sample file from the list that pops up by clicking on it.
- If you still face the error code 6143 in QuickBooks while launching the company file, then you must fix your QuickBooks installation. Else, try opening the QB company file locally.
Method 2: Launch The Company File From Desktop
Another way to fix a QuickBooks problem code 6143 is by launching the Company File from the Desktop. In case it opens, there might be corruption in the location of the QB company file. Use the below-stated steps for checking it out:
- Initially, open the folder that contains the QuickBooks company file and check for the file that has a .QBW extension.
- Later on, hit on the copy option from the drop-down list after right-clicking on the file.
- Furthermore, navigate to the Desktop and paste the previously copied file over there.
- Lastly, check if this resolves the error code 6143 in QuickBooks.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
Method 3: Shut Down All The QuickBooks Processes
If the above steps didn’t help you in troubleshooting a QuickBooks issue code 6143, then you must shut down all the QuickBooks processes running in your system.
- To begin with, log in to QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Next, hold the Ctrl+Shift+Esc for displaying the task manager.
- In the end, choose the Users tab that displays the processes for all users and close them.
Method 4: Use The File Doctor Tool To Fix This Error 6143
When all the methods fail, then running the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can always help you out. Here is how to get rid of QuickBooks company file issue 6143 by using it.
- First of all, tap on the Company File Issues under the Tool hub.
- After that, hit on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option and wait for some time for allowing the tool to open.
- Once done, choose the Company file from the drop-down menu under the File Doctor Tool. Suppose, you don’t see the file, enter its name in the search box and try finding it.
- In the next step, choose the Check your file and network option and tap Continue.
- Now, press Next after entering your QuickBooks admin password.
Fixing the QuickBooks error 6143 becomes a piece of cake if you use the above steps. You need to verify it first, and then launch the company file from the Desktop. Besides that, you can also troubleshoot it by closing the QB processes and through the QB File Doctor tool. Are you still facing confusion while fixing this QuickBooks company file issue? Feel free to call our QuickBooks professionals.