Are you struggling hard but still don’t know how to resolve QuickBooks error 15215? Then, we have some troubleshooting steps that can help you in fixing it. Also, we will give you a brief introduction to this error code 15215 in QuickBooks, including the reasons for its occurrence. So, are you ready to know everything about this QB issue 15215? If yes, then check out this post!
What Is QuickBooks Error 15215?
A QuickBooks error code 15215 usually triggers when you are downloading the payroll updates. Most of the time this issue occurs while updating payroll and maintenance releases in QuickBooks.
Additionally, this issue leads to the incomplete or improper installation of updates. As a result, your QuickBooks application stops functioning properly. An error message will appear similar to:
“The payroll update did not install properly. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Also Read: How to Solve QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159? (Complete Solution)
Then View: How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15227?
Why Is QuickBooks Error 15215 Triggering?
There can be a variety of reasons why you encounter QB issue 15215. Enlisted below are a few of those causes:
- When the QuickBooks application is not installed properly
- If the QB payroll file or the Windows systems becomes corrupted because of malware or virus
- The deletion of the QuickBooks file also triggers the QuickBooks error code 15215.
- Incorrect configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Error 15215 also troubles you when another application runs in the background while you are making updates
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15215?
Now, we will tell you about some methods that will help you in knowing how to resolve QuickBooks error 15215. You can go with any of these methods based on your preferences.
Method 1: Access QuickBooks as a Windows Administrator
Accessing QuickBooks as a Windows administrator gives authority to the QB application over most of the Windows applications. Besides that, it allows QuickBooks to take the required resources for running the application properly.
- In the first step, make sure to close the QuickBooks application.
- Later, hit a click on the “Desktop” icon.
- Select the “Run as Administrator” option
- The program will redirect you to a dialogue box that asks something like “Would you like this program to make changes to your computer?” Select “Yes”, then click “OK”.
Method 2: Check The TLS 1.0 Settings
Sometimes, incorrect TLS settings also result in QuickBooks payroll error 15212. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot this payroll error.
- To start with, open Internet Explorer after closing QuickBooks
- Next, choose the Internet options by clicking on Tools
- Go to the Advanced tab in the next step.
- After it, you should tap on the Advanced settings and locate the options for TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 options.
- See if TLS 1.1 option is marked and the other two options are unmarked ( i.e. TLS 1.1 and 1.2)
- Once done, tap OK and close your web browser.
- Restart your QB desktop after rebooting the system.
- Also, verify if there are any available updates.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
Method 3: Restart and Run Windows in Selective Startup
You can also get rid of the QuickBooks problem 15215 by restarting and running Windows in selective startup mode. Here is what you need to do:
- Initially, close the QuickBooks Desktop you are using.
- Next, choose Run using different steps for various Windows versions.
- For Windows XP: Start> Run
- In the case of Windows Vista and Windows 7: Go to the Start option> All programs> Accessories> Run
- If you are using Windows 8 or 10, then hold the Windows + R key together
- A Configuration Utility Window will pop up on the screen.
- From the Window, click on the Selective Startup option and unmark the checkbox for Load Startup items.
- After doing it, save the changes in one click and tap OK.
- Restart your computer system in the next step.
- Later, open QuickBooks again for downloading the current tax table.
- Again, follow the first four steps after opening the System Configuration Utility option.
- Once done, verify and check the Normal Startup box and hit OK.
- Lastly, restart your system once again.
Wrapping it up:
We hope this blog will help you in knowing how to resolve QuickBooks error 15215. However, if you still face any difficulty while fixing this QuickBooks update issue 15215, then feel free to contact our technical experts. Our QuickBooks specialist will assist you in fixing every QuickBooks issue you face.