Were you searching for methods that help you in knowing how to solve QuickBooks error 15241? If you are nodding your head for a yes, then this article will surely be helpful. Also, you will get to know why you actually face this QuickBooks payroll update failure issue, and what it is all about. Without further ado, let us explain everything about this QB issue 15241.
What is QuickBooks Error 15241?
The QB error code 15241 is another common payroll error from the list of 15XXX series errors like issue 15227, 15215, etc. This issue is related to the QuickBooks Payroll function that stops the QB Desktop software from installing the updates properly. Most of the time, it will pop up with an error message similar to:
“Error code 15241: The QuickBooks update didn’t complete successfully. QuickBooks FCS service disabled.”
Why Are You Experiencing QuickBooks error 15241 in QuickBooks Desktop?
If you are experiencing a QuickBooks problem 15241 in your QuickBooks Desktop, then there could be a lot of reasons behind it. One of the major causes is the disabled FCS file that leads to this error code 15241. And the other reasons are given below:
- In case of a damaged or corrupted File Copy Service (FCS), you can encounter QuickBooks error message code 15241.
- Due to the system settings and configurations that are incorrect.
- Because of a corrupted payroll update that triggers the issue.
- The installation of QuickBooks software is not complete.
- The auto-scanning processes of the antivirus and anti-spyware.
- An attack by the malware and virus on your QuickBooks software
- If your computer didn’t shut down properly, this error may take place.
- When your computer system is crashing itself, you will witness this particular QB payroll error message code.
- In a situation where some essential Quickbooks company files get deleted.
What Happens If You Don’t Solve QuickBooks Error 15251?
If you don’t troubleshoot QuickBooks payroll error 15251 on time, then it’s your business that suffers the most. It’s because the QuickBooks Payroll application makes the accounting work of your business hassle-free. Thanks to the accuracy and scope for zero mistakes of this software.
Indeed, you must resolve issue 15251 in QuickBooks payroll software for encouraging the smooth operations of your business. You should also consider QuickBooks cloud hosting services for enhancing the effortlessness of your day-to-day accounting operations.
How To Solve QuickBooks Error 15241?
As you now understand a lot about QuickBooks update issue 15241, we will finally be sharing how to solve it. So, here are the best methods we sorted for you.
Method 1: By Updating The Payroll Tax Table
The first method to fix QuickBooks error 15241 is by performing a QuickBooks Payroll tax table update. Here is how.
- First of all, open the QuickBooks software and then locate the Employees menu in it.
- Once you tap on the Employees menu, you will see the Get payroll update option. Click on it.
- A new window will pop up on your screen with the name, “Get Payroll Update”
- Search for the option “Download entire payroll update” and then, hit “update”
- By using the above process, you will easily be able to update your QB payroll table.
Method 2: Manage The System’s Settings
Another way to get rid of QuickBooks issue code 15241 is by managing your Windows system’s settings. The procedures for changing these settings will differ from version to version. Here are they:
For Windows 8 and 10
- First of all, open File Explorer and then choose the Manage option by right-clicking on it. You also search for this option directly from the start menu.
- Now, click on the “Computer Management” option. A window will appear on the screen.
- Once done, select the Services and Application that will be visible at the left side of the screen.
- After clicking on the Services and Applications option, you will see a Services option. Tap on it.
- From the list of services that pops up, choose the Intuit QuickBooks FCS option by double-clicking on it.
- Next, tap on the General tab> Startup Type option> Manual tab> Apply.
For Windows XP
- To begin with, shut the QuickBooks desktop application you use.
- On the desktop screen, right-click on the My Computers icon.
- Select the Manage option, and a Computer Management window will appear on your screen.
- Choose the services option under the Services and Applications option.
- Now, you must change the Startup type to Manual under the General tab.
- Save the above settings by hitting Apply and OK.
Method 3: Setup QuickBooks Update in Auto Mode
The next thing you can do for troubleshooting QB Payroll issue 15241 is by setting up QuickBooks update in Auto mode. Check how.
- In the QuickBooks application, go to the Help tab and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Later on, navigate to the Options tab.
- Hit a Yes for turning on Automatic Updates.
- Tap on the Close tab.
Ultimately, we have discussed everything about QuickBooks issue code 15241 in this article post. You now know how to solve QuickBooks error 15241, why does it occur, what is it and what happens to your business if you don’t fix it.
Are you still struggling with fixing this QuickBooks payroll update failed error? Yes? Then, call our QuickBooks experts without even thinking for a single second. We are 24X7 available to resolve your QuickBooks issues.