Would you like to know how to resolve QuickBooks error 102 if you are facing one? Then, you can do it smoothly with a few simple solutions. Just apply them carefully, and see the magic. But are you aware of what this error 102 in QuickBooks online actually means and why is it occurring? Well, find the answer below.
What is QuickBooks error 102?
QuickBooks error 102 actually means that QuickBooks Online can’t establish a connection to your bank’s website currently. You may encounter this QuickBooks banking error 102 due to the technical glitches in the bank’s website.
And your server will encounter a QuickBooks error message 102 while transferring data between QuickBooks and the bank’s website. Now, you must be thinking why are you facing this Quickbooks online banking error 102? Scroll more to find the reason.
Why Are You Facing QuickBooks error 102?
You usually encounter QuickBooks error 102 due to ample reasons. So, before we tell you those reasons, let’s explore those causes for this QuickBooks online error 102 first. Here are they:
- When there is an issue in your bank’s website due to server down issues or website maintenance
- If your operating system has some network issues
- Whenever you are using inaccurate bank account login details
- You also face QuickBooks online banking issue 102 when your bank account is new and you have not yet started online banking.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 102?
Now that you already understand the reasons for this banking error 102 in QuickBooks, it’s time for the solutions to solve it. Are you eager to know how to fix QuickBooks Banking error 102? Here are a few solutions.
Solution 1: Verify if Your QuickBooks Online Needs Account Update
One of the major reasons for a QuickBooks error message 102 is when your QuickBooks Online needs an account update. Follow the below steps to do it.
- In your QuickBooks Online account, go to the Menu at the left corner of the screen and then choose Banking.
- In case you want to update only a few selected accounts, choose the “Clear unwanted accounts” option.
- Select “Update Now.”
- A dialog box will appear where you have to add your Multi-factor authentication (MFA) and hit continue to update the details.
Solution 2: Check Your Bank’s Login Information
Several times you will not be able to create transactions in QuickBooks online because of the wrong login details. Check them and write the correct one by using the following steps:
- Firstly, log in to your bank’s website and then open QuickBooks.
- If you haven’t linked any bank account to your QuickBooks, the first thing you need to do is search your financial institution’s name in QB.
- After linking it, tap on the Add Account option which is available at the top right corner of the screen. Try navigating your financial institution’s name.
- Pick the name of your financial institution from the drop-down list.
- Click on continue after entering your credentials.
- If required, give the additional verification steps and choose to connect securely.
- Now, pick the bank symbol available at the left of the account that you wish to connect.
- Later on, select the account type from the drop-down menu for choosing the bank type and credit card account.
- After you link your account, QuickBooks will download all the online transactions over the last 90 days. Other than that, it will also download the banking and credit card transactions.
- Once done, tap connect and the process will take a few minutes to complete.
- After the download finishes, you will be directed back to the banking page.
- Review the tap that has all the transactions downloaded from your financial institution.
Solution 3: Ensuring if Your QuickBooks Account Is Not New To The Bank
You can also troubleshoot QuickBooks banking error 102 by ensuring if your QuickBooks account is not new to the banks. Here is all that you need to do:
- Contact your bank to fix the issue.
- Try connecting your bank account to QuickBooks again.
Wrapping it up:
Indeed, fixing a banking error in QuickBooks is not a hard nut to crack if you know the right steps. And we hope after going through the above steps, you also know how to resolve QuickBooks error 102. Still, you can call our QuickBooks experts for help if you feel stuck while troubleshooting this QuickBooks online error 102.