Is knowing how to solve web connector QuickBooks error you only concern while browsing the search engine? In that case, you need not browse more. We shortlisted a few simple ways for helping you to fix common web connector errors is QuickBooks Desktop. But before sharing them, let’s explore what web connector QuickBooks Desktop error is.
What is Web Connector QuickBooks Error?
You might encounter a QuickBooks Web Connector error while connecting your apps to QuickBooks Desktop. There might occur ample QuickBooks error messages and codes related to this Quickbooks web connector log file error, such as:
- qbwc1048: QuickBooks web connector could not verify the web application server certificate
- QuickBooks web connector error application requested to abort
- QuickBooks web connector error could not start QuickBooks
- QuickBooks web connector issue 1013
- QuickBooks web connector issue 1053
- QuickBooks web connector error qbwc1085
- QuickBooks web connector error qbwc1039
Why is Web Connector QuickBooks Error Occurring?
There are a plethora of reasons why web connector QuickBooks error occurs. Here is the list of a few of those causes:
- You can encounter a web connector QuickBooks desktop error due to a damaged QBWCLOG.TXT file.
- When you can’t access the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector.
- Whenever your QuickBooks Desktop can’t write the web connector log file.
- In a situation, when you were unable to connect the third-party programs with Intuit QuickBooks.
- Due to the damaged components of the QB web connector that leads to this error
How To Solve Web Connector QuickBooks Error?
You would now be eager to know how to solve web connector QuickBooks error. Aren’t you? So, to end your curiosity, we will share the simple ways for fixing QuickBooks web connector error.
Solution 1: Check if you connected the company file to the third party program
The first thing you can do to troubleshoot web connector error in QuickBooks is by ensuring if you connected the company file to the third-party program.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
- After doing it, you will see a Run window appearing on the screen.
- Later, type MSConfig and then, tap the OK button.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Startup tab.
- Now, browse and checkmark the option for the QuickBooks web connector.
- Once done, hit the apply option and then tap OK.
- Restart your computer system.
Also Know: How to Solve QuickBooks log file error: Can’t remove Log File? (Solved)
Then Read: How to solve QuickBooks login error?
Solution 2: Rename the QWCLOG.TXT file
Another way you can apply for resolving a QuickBooks web connector error is by changing the name of the QWCLOG.TXT file. Follow the below steps to make it possible:
- The first step you need to take is to go to the taskbar and right-click on the QuickBooks Web Connector icon.
- Later, tap on the Exit option and then, open the Windows File Manager.
- After doing it, go to the C:\Program Data\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log folder.
- Now, press a right-click on the QWCLOG.TXT file and then select the rename option.
- After applying the above step, change the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and click on the Save option.
- You will now have to reboot the web connector program.
- Finally, you can reboot the computer and reopen the QuickBooks software.
Solution 3: Remove the web connector from the start-up menu
In case the above methods fail, you can fix this QuickBooks web connector problem by removing the web connector from the Startup menu. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Firstly, you have to log in on your computer as the Windows Administrator.
- After doing it, go to the following command C:\Progam Data\Microsoft \Windows\ Start Menu\ Program \ StartUp.
- If it’s Windows XP, use the path: Documents and Settings All Users/ Start Menu/ Program / Startup.
- Next, you have to delete the QuickBooks Web Connector File.
- Reboot your system after doing it and open the QuickBooks later.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
Solution 4: Change The Name Of QWCLOG.TXT File Manually
This step is helpful if your company data was connected with the third-party application through Web Connector.
- Shut the QuickBooks accounting software ad Web Connector.
- Navigate C://Program Data/Intuit and choose QBWebConnector on the next screen.
- Select log and change the name of the QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- The next thing you need to do is to reopen the Web Connector.
- Later on, all you need to do is to restart your computer system.
Wrapping it up:
Hopefully, these simple ways will help you know how to solve web connector QuickBooks error. Rename a few files, remove the web connector from the startup menu, and ensure if you connected the company file to the third-party program. And the QuickBooks web connector log file error will be resolved.
Was this article on QuickBooks web connector error useful? Surely, it is. If you find any difficulty in fixing the web connector QuickBooks Desktop error, call our QuickBooks experts anytime.