Are you probing for the easy solutions to repair QuickBooks error 1321: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file windows 10? We are here to help you out. After reading this post, you will know what QuickBooks error 1321 is all about and also its causes. Then, we tell you how to repair QuickBooks error 1321 if you are encountering it.
What is QuickBooks Error 1321?
Another one from the list of Quickbooks installation errors, the error 1321 usually occurs with an error message like, “ An error occurred your QuickBooks installation may have been modified.” It is due to the incapability of the installer to write a file. Other messages due to this QuickBooks error code 1321 can be:
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
Please Note: The actual .dll file name in your system will vary in this QuickBooks error. If you tap Retry, you might see over one message and the update or installation may fail.
Why Do You Face QuickBooks Error 1321?
Imagine how you are going to update your accounting data in QuickBooks when you can’t even install it? But have you ever thought about why you face QuickBooks error 1321? If not, then check the below reasons for its occurrence:
- When the QuickBooks file updating process is faster than the file copy process
- Whenever your security software or antivirus (such as McAfee or WebRoot) is blocking or conflicting with QuickBooks
- Restricted Window permissions for the folders that contain the QuickBooks file
- The file mentioned in the QuickBooks error message is either damaged or in use
We will now recommend you several solutions to repair QuickBooks error 1321. So, wait no more and scroll down to have a glance at each of these tutorials on QuickBooks error 1321.
How To Repair QuickBooks Error 1321?
There is a cornucopia of methods you can apply for repairing QuickBooks error 1321. Enlisted below are a few of them:
Solution 1: Run the Quickbooks Diagnostic Tool
You can solve common installation issues like QuickBooks error 1603, Quickbooks msi missing, QuickBooks error code 1328, etc. And to repair QuickBooks error 1321 is one of its troubleshooting functions. Follow these steps to Run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool:
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Choose the Installation issues option from the Tool Hub
- Now, select QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- Let the tool run. This process might take up to 20 minutes
- Restart your computer after the tool finishes the running process
Solution 2: By Retrying The Update
Sometimes, you can also encounter QuickBooks error message 1321 when your Quickbooks application is not updated. In such a case, you can repair QuickBooks error 1321 by using the following steps:
- Tap Retry for allowing the update to complete
- Click Cancel on the error message window if does not work and proceed to the next step.
Solution 3: By turning off antivirus software temporarily and then reinstalling or updating it
Another method you can choose to repair QuickBooks error 1321 is by temporarily turning off your antivirus software. Apply the below steps to do it:
- Seek guidance from us or from the vendor’s website for assistance during this process.
- Update or Install your QuickBooks software.
- Now, you can re-enable your security or antivirus software
Please note: Avoid disabling the antivirus software when you are connected to the internet through a persistent connection like DSL or cable. Disconnect your system from the internet before you disable it.
Solution 4: By Editing the Windows permissions on the folder
Before you proceed further with this solution, it’s essential for you to know whether you run a 32 or 64-bit version of Windows. Let me tell you the general QuickBooks error 1321 fixation steps for various versions of Windows(10,9,8).
- Hold the Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the Run box
- After inserting the path for the folder that contains the QuickBooks program files, press Enter. ( this path will differ from version to version)
- A new window will appear. Select View > Customize this folder.
- Later, go to the Properties window, locate the Security tab.
- Click Administrators on the Security tab
- Choose the Allow checkbox option next to Full Control.
- On the Security tab, choose the System user.
- Again, click on Allow checkbox next to Full Control.
- Tap OK to close the Properties window.
- Install QuickBooks.
Summing it up,
You can now repair QuickBooks error 1321 on your desktop by applying any of the above easy solutions. Whether you turn off the antivirus, update your QuickBooks application, Install QuickBooks Diagnostic tool, or whatnot. The idea is to solve error 1321: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file windows 10.
Was this information helpful? We hope it was. Anyways, you can still call us from anywhere and any time if you need expert guidance while fixing it.