Are you hunting for the best solutions to fix QuickBooks Automatic Backup not working error? Then, this article post is your solved guide for resolving Quickbooks automatic backup not working issue.
But before that, do you know what is this QuickBooks automatic backup error? How do you actually set up an automatic backup in Quickbooks and why do you encounter this Quickbooks automatic backup not working problem? Scroll down to get the answers to all these questions.
What Is QuickBooks Automatic Backup Not Working Error?
QuickBooks automatic backup not working error is the issue when your QuickBooks fails to schedule an automatic backup online due to various reasons. The consequences of this QuickBooks issue can be difficult for your small and medium-sized business.
And you might suffer accounting data loss because of the QuickBooks automatic backup failure. So, before we share the troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Automatic Backup not working error, let us tell you the main reasons why they occur.
Why Do You Encounter QuickBooks Automatic Backup Not Working Error?
Undeniably, it’s important for you to know why you encounter QuickBooks automatic backup not working errors before you follow steps to resolve it. Here are some of the questions you need to ask yourself:
- Is your windows backup schedule not working due to the configuration of QuickBooks in the wrong Windows version? It means, you might be using Windows 10 and you set up your QuickBooks application for Windows 7 or XP.
- Do you use an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application? If yes, then this can also be one of the reasons
- Was the QuickBooks company file damaged? It is another reason when QuickBooks disable automatic backup.
- Did you set up the scheduled backups in QuickBooks improperly?
Also know: How To Set Up Automatic Backup In Quickbooks Desktop?
How to Fix Quickbooks Automatic Backup Not Working Error?
Now, it’s time to know how to fix QuickBooks automatic backup not working error when you already understand a lot about it and its causes. All you need to do is follow any of the below solutions:
Solution 1: Ensure if the Automatic Backup was Set Up Correctly
One of the main steps for fixing QuickBooks automatic backup not working error is to set it up correctly. Apply the following steps to ensure if the automatic backup was set up appropriately:
- Locate the File menu and Choose Save Copy or Back Up. The Save Copy or Backup window pops up
- Click on the Next button after selecting Backup Copy
- Click on the Options to set your backup defaults if have not done it yet and then tap Next.
- Choose Change Location or Use this Location.
- Tap Next.
- Click Next after you select the Save it now and schedule future backups or Only schedule future backups option
- Choose the Save backup copy automatically when I close my company file every [number] times box.
- You will now have to enter a number in the provided field. Click Finish after doing it.
Solution 2: Download QuickBooks Updates and Install Them
Another step to fix QuickBooks automatic backup not working error is by downloading and installing all the QuickBooks updates. You can do it by turning on QuickBooks updates automatically option. Here is how.
- Go to the Help tab in the QuickBooks application and choose Update QuickBooks
- Tap the Options tab and choose Yes for both Shared Downloads and Automatic Updates options
- Press the Close button
- By turning on automatic updates, whenever a new update is launched QuickBooks will download it automatically
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility Tool
QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool verifies the integrity of QuickBooks company files and, if there is a damaged data or file, it automatically repairs it. You can also fix QuickBooks automatic backup not working error with the help of this tool by following the below troubleshooting steps:
- Firstly, you have to QuickBooks Desktop. In the File tab, look for Utilities section
- Choose Verify Data option from the drop-down list in the Utilities section.
- QuickBooks will now scan and check the company file for any issues and corruption.
- If QuickBooks shows “Your Data has Lost Integrity,” then close the message window and tap the File tab again.
- Go to the Utilities sections and choose Rebuild Data.
- Tap OK at the Backup Company Data window that appears and make sure to take the backup of the company file data on the Desktop.
- Tap OK, and QuickBooks Rebuild Data tool will repair the damaged QuickBooks company file.
- Once the error message “Rebuild has Completed” appears, tap OK and try scheduling the automatic backups once again
Solution 4: By Running QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode for your Windows Version
Sometimes, your QuickBooks version is not compatible with your Windows version. As a result, you face QuickBooks automatic backup not working problem. Run your QuickBooks application in compatibility mode for the Windows version you are using by applying the below steps:
- On your desktop, select Properties after right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon
- From the Compatibility tab, select the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option
- After that, tap the drop-down list and choose the Windows version you are using.
- Press OK after clicking apply.
- Check if the Quickbooks automatic backup error is fixed.
Ultimately, we discussed all the possible solutions to fix QuickBooks automatic backup not working error with you. However, you can still find a few of them a bit complicated. And it’s alright. You don’t have to worry about it. You can always call us for help and instant assistance.