Are you facing QuickBooks Gmail Not Working error and can’t send forms due to it? Well, this situation is just like cutting fruits with a blunt knife. Jokes apart, you need to resolve this QuickBooks Desktop Gmail issue before it’s too late. But how to do that? The answer is by following the simple-to-use troubleshooting steps we are going to share in this blog post. Have a look!
Table of Contents
What is A QuickBooks Gmail Not Working Issue?
In QuickBooks, mailing services play a crucial role in sending transactions or reports. But sometimes, you can’t do it and face a Gmail not working problem in QB Desktop. Consequently, you can’t send anything via email while using QuickBooks. All you see is an error message similar to:
“Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, we can’t connect to the email server for your email provider”
Why Does the QB Gmail Not Working Problem Takes Place?
Before we start exploring the solutions to eradicate QuickBooks Desktop Gmail not working issue, let’s see why it happens:
- Probably, you are using an incorrect User ID and password and that’s why you encounter QB mailing failure in Gmail.
- In a situation where you couldn’t confirm the asked sign-in authentication process, then also this emailing error triggers.
- Maybe your system isn’t allowing you to sync the QuickBooks application to Gmail which prevents you from sending mails.
- Due to the failure of your QuickBooks application to meet the updated security standards, there are chances that your QuickBooks Gmail stops working.
How To Get Rid Of QuickBooks Not Working Error?
Finally, you understand a lot about QuickBooks Inactive Gmail errors. Do you know what does this mean? Yes, you are guessing it right. It’s the perfect time to tell you how to troubleshoot this irksome QuickBooks Gmail error:
Solution 1: By Verifying And Modifying The Incorrect Email Login Credentials
The first method to eradicate a Gmail not working problem in QuickBooks is to change the incorrect email ID and password. Here is how:
- If you can’t log in to Gmail and receive an issue-related message, make sure you are choosing the ‘Cancel’ option.
- Later on, navigate to the Gmail account settings under the ‘Send forms selections’ option.
- Once done, go to the ‘Edit Settings’ and click on it.
- After that, all you need to do is modify the SSL/TLS settings and ports.
- Suppose you don’t want to change anything, then tap on the ‘Default Reset’ option.
Solution 2: By Making Changes To The QuickBooks Preferences
Another step to combat a problem where QuickBooks can’t send emails through Gmail is by altering QuickBooks preferences. View how.
- To start with, ensure that you aren’t running QuickBooks as an administrator.
- In order to execute the above step, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose ‘Properties’. Under the Properties tab, uncheck the ‘Run Program As Administrator box.
- Furthermore, restart QuickBooks and begin verifying if you set the correct QuickBooks preferences.
- Moving further, locate to the ‘Edit’ menu and pick the ‘Preference’ option.
- Afterwards, choose the ‘Send Forms’ option and proceed to the next step.
- Now, you need to select the ‘I wish to use Gmail to send emails’ option under the ‘My Preferences’ section.
- In case your preferences are correct, follow the instructions as: OK > Edit > Preferences> Send Forms>My Preferences> QuickBooks Emails>Ok > Edit > Preferences> Send Forms>My Preferences> QuickBooks Emails>Ok > Edit > Preferences> Send Forms>My Preferences>
- Proceeding further, tap ‘OK’ after selecting the Outlook option.
- Lastly, restart Windows and open QuickBooks for trying to send forms again via Gmail.
Summing it up:
Undeniably, fixing a QuickBooks Gmail Not Working error by using the aforementioned methods is an easy peasy task. However, there are chances for you to face troubles while resolving this QuickBooks Gmail issue. The best thing you can do in this situation is to get in touch with our QuickBooks experts via call.