Is mailing a QB invoice suddenly becoming an issue for you as you don’t know how to fix QuickBooks email error? If yes, then this ultimate guide will help you. While reading this post you will understand what this error is actually about, why it triggers, and how to resolve it.
What is QuickBooks Email Error?
When QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to Outlook, then this type of error is basically known as QuickBooks email error. There are a lot of names given to this particular error depending on the causes, such as:
- Intuit QuickBooks email password error
- QuickBooks email invoice error
- Intuit QuickBooks email pdf error
- QuickBooks email pay stubs error
Also, you may witness a few QuickBooks email issue messages like:
- Error message: QuickBooks unrecoverable error when sending email
- QuickBooks error couldn’t connect to email server
- QuickBooks error sending email invoice outlook
Why Do You Encounter QuickBooks email error?
There could be a plethora of reasons why QuickBooks is unable to send emails to Outlook. Here are some of the causes for the occurrence of this QB email issue:
- In case of incorrect email settings, you can face this issue.
- Because of a damaged .dll file that leads to QuickBooks email problem.
- Intuit QuickBooks is unable to send your emails due to network connection failure as well.
- In a situation where you are running QuickBooks as an administrator,
- The Outlook installation is either damaged or incorrect.
- If Outlook opens in the background when you send an email.
How to Fix QuickBooks Email Error?
Ultimately, we will be revealing the best ways that are going to help you understand how to fix QuickBooks email error. Are you ready to know about it? Yes? Then, scroll down and have a quick virtual stroll through these troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Uncheck Run As Administrator Settings
The first step you must follow for resolving QB email error is by unchecking the Run As Administrator settings. Let’s explore how.
- Firstly, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and then choose Properties.
- From the compatibility tab, unselect the Run as Administrator option.
- Next, press the OK button and restart the computer system.
- Try sending an email again, and see if it troubleshoots the error.
Solution 2: Setup The Email Preferences Correctly
It’s essential to check if the email preferences are correctly configured. And if these preferences are not set up aptly, then do it by using the following steps.
- Initially, sign in to Outlook if you use it using the Microsoft Exchange server.
- Later on, go to the Edit option. Choose Preferences from there and then tap on the Send Forms option.
- Now, select your preferred option from the ‘Send E-mail Using’ list under the My Preferences tab. Hit Okay.
- Restart your system after making the changes and then open QuickBooks.
- Once again, make efforts for emailing the report.
Solution 3: Configure Email Settings In The Web Browser Correctly
Another way for fixing email issues in QuickBooks is by changing the email settings in the web browser you are using. In the following steps, we will be explaining it to you by taking the example of Internet Explorer.
- To begin with, close the QuickBooks application, and then open Internet Explorer.
- Now, go to the tool and click Internet Options.
- Under the Programs tab, verify if the Outlook email program has been configured as the default email program.
- After that, close the window of your web browser and start emailing the report again in QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Repair The Damaged .DLL File
You might also encounter QB email issue in case of a damaged .dll site. So, you can check it first, repair it and then rename it if the issue still persists. Here is how.
- Shut down Windows and tap on the Start button after restarting Windows.
- Locate the ‘Computer‘ option and click on ‘C:\Windows\System32‘
- Double-tap on the ‘Fixmapi.exe file‘ and follow all the onscreen instructions.
- Once ‘Fixmapi.exe’ completes the repair, restart the system.
- You may rename the file if the issue still exists.
- Change the name of the ‘MAPI32.dll‘ file to ‘MAPI32.dll.OLD’ after locating it using Internet Explorer.
(Please note: Use this step if you have some technical knowledge of computers. In case you don’t know anything about it, try to go for some technical assistance.)
Solution 5: Troubleshoot Your Outlook
One more step for getting rid of email error in QuickBooks is by repairing Outlook express. The steps are given below:
- Click on the Start option on your Desktop.
- Now, navigate to the Control Panel.
- Later on, tap on the Programs and Features option, and then hit a click on the Change option.
- Select repair and wait for some time.
Without a doubt, these troubleshooting procedures will assist you in knowing how to fix QuickBooks email error. You can check you check your email preferences settings, repair the damaged .dll file, and troubleshoot your Outlook for it.
Did the above-mentioned tips help you in resolving QuickBooks email issues? If not, then feel free to call our QB experts.