Your QuickBooks experience can become worse if you don’t know how to fix QuickBooks error 1402 after facing it. The same thing was happening with Jacob who runs a small-sized business in California.
But Jacob knew about the fact that there might be ways to fix this QuickBooks issue 1402. So, he contacted us and asked, ‘How do I get rid of QuickBooks error code 1402?’ We understood his curiosity for resolving this QuickBooks error and helped him to solve it using simple steps.
Are you also like Jacob and need guidance for troubleshooting this error code 1402 in QuickBooks? Then, check out this post.
What is QuickBooks Error 1402?
Before we begin explaining the solutions for fixing QuickBooks error 1402, let us first tell you what this error actually means. The probability of encountering this error increases at times when you are installing or opening the QuickBooks company file while working on your QuickBooks desktop. It usually occurs with an error message, saying:
“Couldn’t open key…”
But why is this QuickBooks error code 1402 taking place? Scroll down to know the answer.
Why Is QuickBooks Error 1402 Taking Place?
There can be a variety of reasons why you witness an error code 1402 in QuickBooks desktop. We will now be sharing a few of them.
- When there is a corrupted QuickBooks installation on your system.
- You might have used a damaged CD during the installation process.
- In the situation of a partial or incomplete installation process.
- When you use an outdated version of Windows, it requires an update.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1402?
As you now understand about the causes for this QuickBooks install error 1402, finally it’s the right time to tell you those easy troubleshooting steps we gave to Jacob. Remember him? We talked about him in the beginning. Here is how to fix QuickBooks error 1402.
Method 1: Make Use Of QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is an excellent tool for resolving various QuickBooks issues. You can remove error code 1402 in QuickBooks online using it effortlessly. Find the enlisted steps for making it possible.
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks application
- After that, you must download the recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Intuit website. Save the downloaded file to an easily accessible place.
- Install QuickBooks Tool Hub using all the onscreen instructions.
- Once done, the tool will appear on the home screen. Click on its icon for opening it.
- In the tool hub, tap on the installation issues tab.
- Later, select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool and let it resolve the error.
Method 2: Downloading and Running QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool Directly
When you run QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool, it may solve a lot of common QuickBooks problems. Following are the steps you need to perform:
- In the first step, Download and Install QuickBooks diagnostic tool from the official Intuit website.
- After closing all the running programs, launch the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. It may take a few minutes, depending on your internet connection speed.
- After the process ends, restart your computer.
Method 3: Install The Latest Updates For Microsoft Windows
You can also fix this QuickBooks installation error by updating your Microsoft Window. All you require is to apply the below procedures:
- Press the Start button on your system and then click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Browse and find the Check for Updates option and click on it.
- After clicking on the Check for Updates option, look for all the available updates.
- Install all the pending updates.
- Restart your computer system and then open QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Install QuickBooks Again
Another way for repairing QuickBooks 1402 error is by reinstalling QuickBooks. Use the below procedures to do it.
- Click the Start button and search for the Control Panel.
- Click on the Programs and Features option in the Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate QuickBooks, select it, and click Uninstall.
- Install QuickBooks desktop again after restarting your computer.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1603?
Solution 5: Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
If you encounter this error while installing the Adobe Flash Player, follow the steps below:
- Install the diagnostic tool first and then run it.
- Tap on the start menu.
- In the search bar, type the control panel.
- Then click and open the control panel.
- Go to the uninstall a program option.
- From the programs list, try finding Adobe flash player ActiveX.
- Select the uninstall option.
- Allow the uninstall process to complete by following the on-screen instructions.
- The final step is to reinstall Adobe Flash Player.
Also Check: How To Solve QuickBooks Adobe Reader Errors?
Summing it up:
Indeed the above-mentioned solutions helped Jacob in getting rid of the installation error 1402 in QuickBooks. Now, you also know how to fix QuickBooks error 1402. We already discussed a variety of methods.
However, if you still face any difficulty in fixing this QuickBooks error, our QuickBooks technical assistance team will always guide you. Feel free to contact us.