A QuickBooks payroll error 30114 can be irritating especially when you have to complete a lot of accounting tasks. Isn’t it? Even Mark faced the same issues a few days back and came to our QuickBooks experts. At that time, we shared a few troubleshooting tips to get rid of this payroll error in QuickBooks with him.
And guess what, those tips actually helped him in resolving this QB issue. Want to know what are they? Scroll down to know about each of them.
What is QuickBooks Error 30114?
Before we start discussing how to fix a QB error code 30114, it is important to know what this error actually means. Basically, a QuickBooks issue code 30114 is a payroll problem in QuickBooks software that can prevent to from performing essential accounting tasks. Whenever it takes place, you will see an error message on your screen similar to:
“Error code 30114: There is a problem with your QuickBooks software and we need to close it. Sorry for the inconvenience.”
Why Does The QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114 Triggers On Your Screen?
Now, when you know what QuickBooks payroll problem 30114 is all about, here is why it occurs:
- Whenever there is an improper installation of QuickBooks software or you downloaded a corrupted QB file, this issue takes place.
- Deletion of QB-associated files can also lead to this QuickBooks payroll error.
- You can encounter this error in case of corruption in the registry of Windows too.
- Run-time errors or virus infections are also one of the causes of this payroll error code 30114 in QuickBooks.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114?
Finally, after giving you a brief introduction to QuickBooks payroll issue 30114, let us now share what tips we told to Mark for fixing it.
Solution 1: Ensure To Delete All The Junk Files
The first step to resolve QB error 30114 is ensuring if you deleted all the Junk files using the Disk Cleanup tool. If not done, then you can get rid of it using the following procedures:
- Initially, see if your hard drive has space up to 1 GB to perform the necessary installation process.
- Next, tap on the “Windows Start Menu” option.
- Type “File Explorer” after navigating to the search bar.
- Once the File Explorer opens on your screen, select the “My Computer” option.
- After that, right-click on your hard drive (specifically the C:\ drive) and go to properties.
- Click on the Disk Clean Up option and delete the junk files.
Solution 2: By Updating The System Device Drivers
Following are the steps for updating the device drivers and correcting the QB Payroll error 30114:
- Locate the search bar and then type device manager in the search box.
- After the device manager window pops up on your screen, press the Enter key.
- Later on, select a category to see the name of devices and hit a click on the “Update” button.
- Afterward, select the “Update Driver” option after tapping on the “Search Automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Try viewing the manufacturer’s website and follow the on-screen instructions if Windows is unable to find a new driver.
Solution 3: Undo All The System Modifications
If you wish to undo all the system modifications, you must use the Windows system restore for it. Here is how.
- To begin with, shut down all the running programs on your computer.
- In the next step, you have to start the program again.
- Next, press the Start button, and select the “All Programs” option.
- Navigate to the “Accessories” button and choose the System tools option.
- Tap on the System Restore option for the next step.
- Under the system restore window, select the specific date on which you made the restore points, and tap on the “Restore Point Screen” section.
- Lastly, wait for the restored file to update.
Summing it up:
Undeniably, the above-discussed steps will help you to resolve QuickBooks payroll error 30114 easily. Mark found these tips insightful, and we hope even you will do. However, you can always call our QuickBooks experts for technical assistance when you face difficulties while fixing it.