Is a QuickBooks Payroll update error 15102 occurring frequently on your screen while downloading payrolls? If yes, then the first thing you should do is fix it. But how? Well, this blog post is going to cover a few easy steps to troubleshoot this QuickBooks Error 15102. However, before that let’s explore what does it mean and why does it occur.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102?
The QuickBooks 15102 Error Message pops up on your screen due to a reset failure during the program update process. Most of the time, this error takes place when you attempt to download your payroll updates. After encountering this QB payroll issue, you will see an error message similar to:
“QuickBooks error 15102: Failed to reset update”
Then Check: How To Solve QuickBooks Error 15241? (Easy Ways)
Why Does The QuickBooks Payroll Error 15102 Occur?
There could be a plethora of reasons why the QuickBooks Desktop Error 15102 takes place. Some of the causes for this QuickBooks problem 15102 are as follow:
- If you use an incorrect download location path or there is an unavailability of download location to download updates, there are chances for this QuickBooks Error Code 15102 to appear on your screen.
- While running the QuickBooks application in multi-user mode, you can also face this issue.
- One more reason why this error triggers is when you don’t log in with a Windows Vista OS admin account.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102?
When you already understand what QuickBooks payroll error 15102 is all about and why it occurs, these steps will help you to get rid of it.
Method 1: By Enabling QuickBooks Single User Mode
The first way to solve QuickBooks Payroll Update Problems such as error 15012 in QuickBooks is by enabling QuickBooks single-user mode. Here is how.
- First of all, log out all the users in your network if your QB application is running in multi-user mode.
- Next, launch the QuickBooks application on the system that is facing this QuickBooks issue during the update process.
- After that, go to the File menu and tap on the Single user option from there.
- Lastly, try updating QuickBooks payroll again.
Method 2: Check The Download Location Path
Probably, you face an error code 15102 in QuickBooks when your shared download location is off. You should turn it on by using the following steps that lead to a QB payroll error 15102 resolution:
- Initially, locate the Help tab after launching the QuickBooks application.
- In the next step, tap on Product Information and note down the location where QB will be saving the downloaded file.
- Later on, hit a click on the Update QuickBooks option under the Help tab.
- Once done, you have to go to the Options tab and verify the download location.
- In case of an incorrect location, change it and choose Yes for the Shared Download, and save it.
Method 3: Login To Windows As Administrator
Another way to rectify a Payroll Update Error 15102 in QuickBooks is by logging in to Windows as administrator. Use the following steps to do it:
- To start with, choose Switch User under the Start menu.
- Once done, select an account that has administrative rights.
- After that, use the admin account to log in.
- Pick the Run as Administrator option after right-clicking on the QuickBooks icon.
- Repeat the process of QuickBooks payroll update.
Wrapping it up:
Indeed, you can effortlessly resolve a QuickBooks payroll update error 15102 after using the above-discussed steps. Whether you do it by enabling single-user mode, checking the shared download location, or logging in to Windows as administrator, it’s your choice.
Although these methods are extremely easy to follow, it’s normal for you to face confusion and difficulty while following them. At that time, feel free to call our QuickBooks experts via phone call. Not only do we offer you solutions to QuickBooks errors but also help you in getting QuickBooks cloud hosting solutions.