Understanding how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error H303 can’t be a catch-22 with the right solutions. Do you know why? It’s because when you use the correct method for fixing any QuickBooks error, you can get rid of that issue effortlessly.
So, to make things easier for you, we sorted out a few ways which will be helpful in resolving error H303 in QuickBooks. But before that, let us explain what is QB issue H303 is all about.
What is QuickBooks Error H303?
Similar to QuickBooks problems H202 and H505, the QuickBooks h303 error usually takes place when you try to switch to the multi-user mode. An error message appears on your screen saying,
“This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.”
This error code H303 belongs to the QuickBooks H-series errors group and you might witness it if you are a Windows OS user. Again, the question that might be arising in your head will be, “Why am I facing a QuickBooks issue H303?” Well, we will be explaining a few of the reasons for the occurrence of this error.
Why is QuickBooks Error H303 Triggering?
There can be a plethora of reasons why QuickBooks issue code H303 pops up on your screen. Some of them are given below:
- You might witness QB problem H303 due to an incorrect hosting configuration of the device.
- Whenever there is a corrupted or incorrect .ND File is present in your system, you can face this error H303 in QuickBooks.
- In case of wrong DNS settings also, you encounter this QuickBooks issue code H303.
- If your QB services stop working, then also the error message H303 in QuickBooks appears on your screen.
- When QuickBooks database server manager cannot locate the IP address of the server host or when it uses different IP addresses.
- As a result of the System Firewall settings, you can experience this error too.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H303?
We will now be introducing you to a bunch of solutions for fixing QuickBooks Error code H303. These steps will help you to know how to resolve QuickBooks error H303. Without further ado, let’s discuss each of them respectively.
Method 1: Access QuickBooks File Doctor
First, you must determine whether QuickBooks Desktop is installed on your system before proceeding with this step. Verify that you have network access as well. Then, follow the steps listed below:
- Download and install the QB File Doctor Tool.
- In the next step, run the program on the server.
- With QB File Doctor, you will be able to fix this multi-user error.
Method 2: Make A New QB Company File Folder And Allow Access To It
You can fix error h303 in QuickBooks by creating a new folder for the QB company file and enabling access to it. Find out how to do it!
- Firstly, create a folder on your hosting server.
- As soon as the folder has been created, ensure the company files are given permission to open.
- Now copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- When you have finished, open the company file in multi-user mode.
Method 3: Setting Up Firewall Ports Configuration
Setting up the Firewall Ports in QuickBooks is another method for removing QuickBooks error code H303. Follow these steps.
- Initially, use Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Using the run command, you can now open the control panel.
- Next, open Windows Firewall and Network Protection by choosing the System and Security option.
- In the Advanced Settings section, click Inbound rules. Next, select the New Rule option.
- After selecting a port, click Next.
- Make sure you are selecting the right TCP option.
- Later on, mention the port of the year version of QB Desktop.
- After entering the year code, click on next and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 4: Verify The QuickBooks Hosting
If you forgot to disable multi-user access on all the non-host computers, then also you can face QuickBooks error message H303. So, here is how to solve it.
- As a first step, open QuickBooks on every system that is not a server or hosting system.
- Next, select the File option and select Utilities.
- As soon as you see Host Multi-user Access on the list, the system is not the host workstation.
- In any case, if you see the option Host Multi-user Access at the Workstation, move on to the next system. There is no need to make changes here.
- Locate the ‘Stop Hosting the Multi-user Access‘ option and tap on it.
- The steps above should be repeated for each computer system that is not the host.
Summing it up:
We hope these methods will guide you in knowing how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error H303 if it triggers on your computer screen. Again, if you can’t fix it, you need not worry about it. You still have our back when stuck while resolving this error code H303 in QuickBooks.
Get in touch with our QuickBooks technical experts via phone call, and we will help you out, no matter where you are. We are 24×7 hours available to serve your purpose.