Were you looking for ways that will help you in understanding how to solve QuickBooks error PS036 after encountering it? If yes, then this article post is going to help you a lot. In this post, we will give you brief information about this QB Payroll Error PS036, what it is, why it occurs, and how to get rid of it. So, without waiting much, let us tell you everything about this common QB issue.
What Is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036?
The QuickBooks payroll issue PS036 is one of the most common QuickBooks errors witnessed by QuickBooks Payroll users. This QuickBooks payroll error usually hinders the updates of your payroll, including the latest tax tables.
In a few cases, this QB error code PS036 stops calculating taxes too. It comes with an error message similar to:
“Error Code PS036: There is a problem in verifying your payroll subscription”
Why Do You Encounter QuickBooks Error Code PS036?
There can be a plethora of reasons why you face QuickBooks error code PS036. Here are a few of them:
- Your payroll subscription may not be active, resulting in this error
- An inactive Direct Deposit agreement having over one active payroll agreement can cause the issue PS036 in QuickBooks.
- A damaged QB Desktop file “paysub.ini” can also lead to QuickBooks error code PS036
- In a situation where QuickBooks is not updated to the latest maintenance release, QB problem PS036 may also occur on your screen.
- If you entered an incorrect EIN (Employee Identification Number) in the QB company file
- When the PSID in the QuickBooks company file is incorrect, QuickBooks issue PS036 triggers on your screen.
- Other compatibility problems between the Windows versions and the QuickBooks Desktop also make this issue take place.
How To Solve QuickBooks Error PS036?
Now, we will be telling you the best ways that are going to help you in knowing how to solve QuickBooks error PS036. Let’s check them all in chronological order.
Method 1: Fix The Damaged Paysub.ini File For Troubleshooting Error PS036 In QuickBooks
In the most initial step, you can resolve QuickBooks error PS036 by repairing the damaged Paysub.ini file in QuickBooks. Here is how.
- Firstly, open My Computers and then click on the Organize option in the top left corner.
- Next, choose the Folder and search option, and hit on the View option after it.
- In the next step, choose the “Hidden Files and Folders” option and then choose the “Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drive” option.
- Now, go back to My Computer and type Paysub.ini inside the search area to locate the file.
- For selecting the Rename option, right-click on the file.
- In order to give a new name to the Paysub file, replace .ini with the .old extension.
- Repeat the same steps for all the Paysub.ini files you find. Also, add an extra letter or number to each file name to avoid repetition.
Method 2: Check The QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
Probably, your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription is not verified and that’s why you are encountering QuickBooks Payroll error code PS036. So, you must follow the below steps for verifying the QB Payroll subscription:
- To begin with, locate the QuickBooks application, and then log into the Payroll Service Account.
- Later go to the Employee option.
- From the Employee option, choose the My Payroll Services option and then select Account.
- Next, navigate to the Billing Information option and enter all the accurate login credentials in the given area.
- After that, click on the Sign In option.
- Restart your computer system and try downloading the updates again. ‘
- Open the QuickBooks Payroll account for checking if the same error still exists.
Summing it up:
Without a doubt, you can resolve most of the PSXXX series errors by using the above-mentioned steps, be it PS060 error in QuickBooks Desktop or QB issue PS036. Whether you fix the damaged Paysub.ini file, check the QB Payroll subscription, or do both things together, the purpose is to troubleshoot this QB error.
Do you still don’t know how to solve QuickBooks error PS036? Don’t worry! Our QuickBooks experts are round-the-clock available for listening to your queries related to QuickBooks. Feel free to call us.