Do you urge to know how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 12002 using easy steps? If you nodded your head for a “Yes,” then this article post is going to help you a lot. But before that, it’s is also important to understand what this QuickBooks issue 12002 is all about, and why it occurs. So, scroll down and learn everything about this common Quickbooks error code 12002.
What is QuickBooks Error 12002?
The QuickBooks issue 12002 is a type of QB payroll error that occurs when the QuickBooks software can’t use the internet connection. This problem might trigger due to a network timeout or a slow internet connection.
Additionally, you can witness this QuickBooks trouble while making an attempt to update the QuickBooks payroll application. An error message will pop up similar to:
“Error code 12002: A network timeout that stops QuickBooks from using the server”
Why Do QuickBooks Error 12002 Occur?
There can be a plethora of reasons why a Quickbooks error message 12002 pops up on your screen. A few of those causes are as follows:
- A network timeout can lead to the error code 12002 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- When the SSL setting is not correct, then also you face QuickBooks issue 12002.
- It is possible that the firewall or internet security configurations in your system are causing connection problems in QuickBooks.
- If you don’t set Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- You may also encounter QuickBooks error code 12002 because of a poor internet problem.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 12002?
When it comes to resolving QuickBooks error code 120002, then there are a lot of ways you can opt for. Are you eager to know how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 12002 using them? Yes? Then, have a look at these methods:
Method 1: Check The Internet Explorer Settings
The first thing you should do for fixing QB issue 12002 is by checking the Internet Explorer settings. Here is how.
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks application and then open Internet Explorer.
- After that, click on the Internet Option under Tools.
- Later on, go to the Security Setting option and then make sure it is set to Medium-High.
- Next, tap on the Globe icon and choose the Content tab option.
- Make sure to enable the Content advisor button.
- Now, hit a click on the Connection tab and choose the Never Dial a Connection option.
- Click on the OK button after ensuring that you select the right ISP.
- Once done, the next step will be choosing the LAN setting option.
- Verify if you enable the automatically detect settings checkbox.
- Additionally, re-verify if you disabled the Use a Proxy Server option.
- If you come across port 80, uncheck the box and tap OK.
- Navigate to the advanced tab in the next step and choose the Restore Advance Settings option.
- Here, check Use TLS 1.0 option and uncheck Use TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 options.
- After that, hit OK and restart your system.
Method 2: Configure The Internet Connection
The next thing you can do for getting rid of QuickBooks error 12002 is by setting up an internet connection. Let us explain how.
- To begin with, click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and open it.
- Next, locate the Help option and verify the Internet connection configuration.
- Later on, hit a click on the Internet Connection Set Up.
- After that, tap Next and then Done.
- In the last step, update the QB application.
Method 3: Try Updating Chrome To The Latest Version
You can resolve error code 12002 in QuickBooks by updating the Chrome browser to the latest version. Here is what all you need to do:
- First of all, launch the Chrome browser on the computer system.
- And then, tap on the More button available in the top right corner.
- Next, go to the Update Google Chrome option and click on it.
- After waiting for some time, tap on the Relaunch option.
Method 4: Update The QB Desktop Application
If all the aforementioned methods fail, you can also get rid of QB problem 12002 by updating the QuickBooks Desktop to its latest version. Following are the steps for doing it:
- Firstly, go to the Help option under QuickBooks and choose the Internet Connection Setup option.
- Next, click on the “use the internet connection settings of my system to establish a connection” option.
- For the newer version of QuickBooks, go to Help and then to the Update QuickBooks option, and then locate the Update Now tab.
Wrapping it up:
Ultimately, after reading this post you now know how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 12002 using simple steps. And we hope you won’t face any issue in resolving it. However, if you still can’t resolve this QuickBooks payroll issue 12002, feel free to connect with our QuickBooks technical experts via phone call.