Want to learn about how to solve QuickBooks login error: The attempt to login with the username failed? Then, this post will guide you throughout the troubleshooting process. QuickBooks desktop login problems or online QuickBooks unable to login issues can lead to a lot of issues for your business.
Before we discuss how to solve QuickBooks login error, let us tell you why to solve this QuickBooks login issue.
Why solve QuickBooks login error: the attempt to login with the username failed?
You must solve QuickBooks login error before it creates an issue for your work productivity. Imagine yourself managing all the business accounts and creating tax-related data manually. Did you start feeling tired just by imagining it? I think you must have.
The QuickBooks application by Intuit has been undeniably making our work easier since its launch. And then sudden QuickBooks desktop login problems are enough to make things turn upside down by hindering your work balance. Scroll down to know what is causing these QuickBooks time login issues to occur.
What causes the QuickBooks Login Error: The Attempt to Login with the Username Failed to occur?
There can be many reasons for the QuickBooks login error to occur. For instance, it can be a QuickBooks User already logged in error. You will see a QuickBooks login error message while attempting to log in to the QuickBooks user account. This message can be like this:
- The Admin user is already logged in to the QuickBooks company file
- The username you are trying to log in to is already logged in to the different workstation
- The attempt to login with the QuickBooks username failed due to a network issue
How to Solve QuickBooks Login Error – The Attempt to Login with the Username Failed?
Now, when you already know about what causes the QuickBooks desktop login problems, you need to learn about how to solve QuickBooks login error – The attempt to login with the Username Failed. For this, all you have to do is follow the below procedures one by one:
Procedure 1: Download QuickBooks Tool Hub And Install It
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and locate your download by holding CTRL+J
- Click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe from your downloads list
- Tap Yes for letting this app do certain changes
- For installing it, click on Next and then accept the license agreement by clicking on Yes again
- Install it after clicking on Next ( This might take a few moments)
- After the installation process, click on Finish
- A QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on your desktop. Open it by clicking on it.
Procedure 2: Download and Launch Quick Fix My Program
- After installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub, open it.
- Locate the Program Problems tab and tap on the Quick Fix my Program (This thing might take a while)
- Now, open the QuickBooks company file
Procedure 3: Restart Your Computer
Does the same problem still exist even after following the discussed steps? Restart your computer, workstation, or the server where the QuickBooks Login error arises.
After restarting the computer, open the QuickBooks company file again. Follow the below steps if the same problem still exists.
Procedure 4: Login With the Different User Credentials
Have you forgotten your QuickBooks login password? In such a situation, contact the Admin for resetting the company file credentials (Username and Password). Are you QuickBooks Admin? Tap on I forgot my Password for resetting the company file password.
If you’re still facing QuickBooks unable to login issues, use the Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop.
Procedure 5: Restore the Recent QuickBooks Company File Backup
Before you reset your QuickBooks Desktop application, restore the QuickBooks company file. What to do to restore QuickBooks Data Backup?
- Locate the File menu
- Choose Open or Restore Company
- Select Restore a backup copy and tap Next
- Click on Next after selecting local backup
- Search for the location of the company file backup. The backup file will look like [Company File Name].qbb
- Choose the backup company file and click Open
- Later, restore the backup file by following all the on-screen instructions
Did you learn how to solve QuickBooks login error – the attempt to login with the username failed after reading this article post? We think you definitely would have. So, next time when you can’t login to QuickBooks desktop, follow these steps.
But if you are still stuck, then don’t hesitate to give us a call. Our experts are always available to help you out.