Imagine a situation where you need to do invoicing and suddenly a QuickBooks printer not activated error 20 triggers. How do you feel? Agitated and helpless. Right? Well, that’s the situation this pdf issue in QuickBooks creates on your screen. But crying about a QuickBooks problem isn’t the solution. you need to follow the appropriate steps to get rid of this error 20.
What is QuickBooks error code 20?
An inactivated printer error 20 in QuickBooks is one of the most common errors that you might encounter being a QuickBooks user. Whenever you try installing or upgrading a newer Windows version, there are chances that you might witness this error.
One of the major reasons why this error appears on your screen is the deletion of the KEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software key. However, it’s not the only cause for the triggering of this QB issue.
Why does a QuickBooks Printer Not Activated error 20 pops up?
There could be ample reasons why a QuickBooks inactive printer error 20 triggers on your screen, including:
- Whenever there is a deletion or elimination of the HKey_current_config\software key, then there are chances that QB error 20 might bother you.
- Installation of the multiple QuickBooks versions can also be a possible reason behind the occurrence of QuickBook issue code 20.
- Probably your QuickBooks application won’t be compatible with the PDF driver and operating system you are currently using.
Points To Remember Before Troubleshooting The QuickBooks Inactive Printer Error 20
Before you begin with the QuickBooks error 20 repair process, you must verify the following points:
- Initially, you need to close the final draft for beginning the resolution process.
- Make changes to the directory and create a backup registry.
- Ensure to create a system restore point
How to Resolve QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error 20?
Majorly, there are ample effective ways to get rid of a QuickBooks inactive printer error code 20. Here, we will be explaining a few of those solutions.
Method 1: By Installing The QuickBooks Software Again
One of the best things to eradicate this QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation error 20 or inactive printer issue is to install the QuickBooks application again. Here is how:
- To begin with, you require to shut the QuickBooks application and the already running programs on your computer.
- Next, navigate to the Control panel and find the Programs & Features option from there.
- Once you find the Programs & Features option, tap on it and then try finding the Quickbooks option.
- Later on, hit on the Uninstall option and download the new QuickBooks 2022 version from the Intuit website.
- After the completion of the re-installation process, verify if the program along with the printer is working or not.
Method 2: By Editing or Updating the Registry Key Manually
The next way to fix QuickBooks problem code 20 is by updating the registry editor with appropriate user permissions using the enlisted steps:
- In the beginning, click on the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of your desktop.
- After that, type Regedit in the search bar and you will see the registry editor icon. Just right click on it.
- Once you follow the above step, click on the Run as Administrator option.
- Furthermore, you will notice a folder HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG on the left side. Double click on it.
- Now, make sure to navigate to the selection Permissions option after right-clicking on the software folder.
- Lastly, enable the Full Control option from the window that appears after following step 5.
Method 3: By Fixing The Microsoft Document Writer
If the above-mentioned steps didn’t solve your QuickBooks problem code 20, then you solve it by fixing the Microsoft Document Writer. It’s a preinstalled Windows component that plays a crucial role in printing a file. Here is how to fix it in order to chuck off error 20 in QuickBooks:
- To start with, you need to right-click on the QuickBooks icon of the Desktop and choose the Open File Location option from the menu.
- Once done, navigate to the Temp folder and try looking for the folder representing your QuickBooks version.
- Afterwards, you require to open the Third Party Folder and start installing the exe file by double-tapping on it.
- Proceeding further, register the license after opening the QuickBooks application.
Wrapping it up:
Resolving a QuickBooks printer not activated error 20 is a child’s play after using the aforementioned steps. However, if you still can’t eradicate this inactive printing error in QuickBooks, we can help you. Don’t hesitate to call our QuickBooks expert for technical assistance.