QuickBooks error OL-301 is annoying whenever it pops up on your screen. Even Jacob was facing the same problem in the QuickBooks application. And that’s the time when we gave him the best troubleshooting solutions for getting rid of this error code OL-301 in QuickBooks. Do you also want to know what are those methods for solving a QB error? Well, you must scroll down to learn about it.
What is QuickBooks Error Code OL-301?
A QuickBooks issue code OL-301 is the hindrance that occurs when the user tries to connect with a financial institution such as banks, or credit card companies. Besides that, it also leads to problems while downloading the banking transactions or feeds. Once this issue code appears on your screen, you will see an error message similar to:
“Error code OL-301: QB application is encountering an issue in connecting with the financial server institution…”
Why Does The QuickBooks Error OL-301 Trigger On Your Screen?
There are ample reasons why a QuickBooks problem OL-301 pops up on your screen, such as:
- If the provided bank details are not correct, then there are chances for you to face a QuickBooks error code OL-301
- Due to inactive status and blocked accounts also you might witness this OL issue in QuickBooks.
- In a situation where your bank server is under maintenance or down, there are probabilities for the appearance of QB Issue OL-301
- Another cause for the occurrence of this OL problem in QuickBooks is the moment when you try to access an inactive service, such as Online Bill Payment Service.
- In case of corruption in the QB company file also you might face an error code OL-301 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Sometimes when you enter incorrect login information for online banking, then also this QB problem may appear.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error OL-301?
There could be a plethora of ways for fixing an Intuit QuickBooks online banking issue OL-301. Let’s check a few of those troubleshooting steps for getting rid of an OL error in QuickBooks.
Method 1: By Changing The Configuration Of The Banking Connections
One of the best ways for fixing a QuickBooks problem code OL-301 is by changing the settings of the banking connections within your QuickBooks application. Here is how.
- Initially, you must select the Chart of Accounts option from the Lists section.
- Next, navigate to the Accounts option, and click on the Show Inactive Accounts options.
- Next, choose the Edit Account option after right-clicking on any inactive account.
- Afterwards, locate the Bank Feed settings and start deactivating the Online service options by check-marking it.
- Furthermore, hit OK on the confirmation window that appears.
- Lastly, try to reboot the QuickBook application and repeat the same process for deactivating other inactive accounts on QuickBooks.
Method 2: By Creating A New Company Test File
Another way for troubleshooting a QuickBooks bank connection problem OL-301 is by creating a new QuickBooks company test file. Use the following steps for creating a new company test file to fix error OL-301 in QuickBooks.
- First of all, tap on the File tab and select the New Company option.
- Later on, hit on the Express Start or Start Setup option.
- In the end, provide the needed details for configuring a company file and then hit on the Create company button.
Method 3: By Removing The Temporary Internet Files
Several times you need to remove the temporary internet files for rectifying an issue code OL-301 in QuickBooks. All you need to do is to perform the below-listed steps.
- To begin with, you should select the “Tools” option and then choose the “Online Center” icon.
- In the next step, hit on the drop-down arrow of Financial Institution, and pick the Financial institution that you would like to choose.
- Once done, you need to hold the “CTRL+Shift” keys and then tap on the “Contact Info” icon.
- Furthermore, a drop-down menu will appear on your screen from where you have to choose an account affiliated with the bank.
- After the completion of the above steps, click on the Financial Institution Branding & Profile from the list that you see.
- Later on, hit on the “Refresh” button and press OK.
- In the end, select the “Update/Send” option and restart the online QB sessions.
Wrapping it up:
Indeed, Jacob was able to fix the QuickBooks error OL-301 by performing the above-mentioned methods. Remember him? We discussed him in the beginning. However, you can still face difficulties while resolving this OL error in QuickBooks. Well, you don’t have to worry if it’s happening. Feel free to call our QuickBooks experts for technical guidance to chuck away this QuickBooks issue code OL-301.