Is knowing how to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code OL-222 your only concern right now? If yes, then this blog post will be helpful. After reading this post, you will be able to understand what QuickBooks issue code OL-222 is all about, why it occurs, and how to fix it. Are you now ready to learn about it? Well, check below!
What is QuickBooks Error Code OL-222?
The QuickBooks error OL-222 is an online banking error in the QuickBooks online application. It usually takes place when the user tries to import their company files (with .QBW extension) from the bank’s legit website.
Why Does QuickBooks Error Code OL=222 Take Place?
There could be ample reasons why QuickBooks error code OL-222 pops up on your screen. Here are some of them:
- Whenever there is an irregular formation of the QuickBooks company file, then you may witness QuickBooks issue OL-222.
- If the QuickBooks desktop version is outdated.
- In case there is an error in the QuickBooks company file, you can witness this issue.
- This error code OL-222 may also trigger on your screen due to third-party software that is conflicting with the QFX operations.
- This error code also possibly occurs if there is a QB file that’s against the financial institution’s compliance.
- When the internet connection is slow, you can see error OS-222 in QuickBooks.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code OL-222?
When it comes to troubleshooting QuickBooks error code OL-222, then there could be a variety of reasons to do it. However, given below are a few of them:
Method 1- Fix the QB issue OL-222 By formatting The .QBO file
When you format the .qbo file in text edit, it helps you to remove all the invalid characters in QuickBooks. These are the steps you must follow:
- To begin with, right-click the .QBO file and select the Edit option.
- Next, you must select a text editor app to open the file.
- Later on, you must locate and remove & from the text as it is an invalid character.
- Hit Save from the File tab in the next step.
- Furthermore, close the file and again open it.
- If the issue still exists, then you must follow the next troubleshooting steps.
Method 2: By Downloading The New FIDIR.TXT File
If the above method doesn’t work in your case, then you must download the new FIDIR.TXT file. Here is how.
- Initially, you need to copy the whole text from the FIDIR.TXT page.
- Next, you must create a new file and then paste the text you copied initially.
- As soon as you create a new file, save it as FIDIR.txt in the location where you can easily access it.
- Once done, delete the original FIDIR.txt file.
- On your keyboard, press the Option key.
- Furthermore, under the Finder application, tap on GO and then press a click on the Library option.
- Proceed further by moving the cursor to ApplicationSupport /com.intuit.QuickBooks 20XX / Downloads Now, from the folder, delete the FIDIR.txt file.
- Now, must use QuickBooks from the Finder application.
- Later on, click on the control key and QuickBooks at the same time.
- As a result of the previous action, a context menu will appear, where you should select Show Package Contents.
- In the new window that appears, double-click the Content folder.
- Afterward, double-click the Resource folder.
- Find and delete the FIDIR.txt file.
- In the next step, copy the new FIDIR.txt file which you created earlier.
- Into the Downloads & Resources folder, paste the copied file.
- Make sure to perform the same steps and try importing the .QBW file into QuickBooks.
Ques 1) How do I fix QuickBooks unable to verify the financial institution?
When QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution, then you must choose the banking menu and then change the Bank Feeds Mode. Under the Bank Feeds section, choose the Classic Mode (i.e. Register mode). Lastly, follow the steps for importing the .QBO file.
Ques 2) How do I import a Web Connect file into QuickBooks?
Importing a Web Connect file into QuickBooks is easy. Under QuickBooks, select File>Import>From Web Connect. Now, choose the .qbo file you would like to import, and then tap Open. Next, choose the QB account you would like to associate with, and press continue.
Ques 3) What kind of files can be imported into QuickBooks?
The QBO format is the best one to import into QuickBooks Online. You can also import OFX and QFX files with QuickBooks Online. However, the QuickBooks desktop does not support OFX and QFX files. Additionally, Quickbooks Online and Self-Employed import CSV files too.
Did this article post help you in knowing how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error code OL-222? We are sure, it definitely would have. Well, you can still reach us via call, anytime if you feel stuck. We give you round-the-clock technical assistance regarding QuickBooks, and errors related to it.