What happens when you encounter a QuickBooks error C=343? You feel agitated. Isn’t it? And that’s why you start looking for the best place to troubleshoot it. Kudos! This blog post is the right place for you if you wish to chuck off an error code C=343 in QuickBooks. So, without further ado, let’s check it out.
What is QuickBooks Error Code C=343?
The QuickBooks issue code C=343 is the company file problem in the QuickBooks application. Basically, it means you are not able to execute the QB company file after trying to open the QuickBooks Desktop. Due to this error, you face difficulties while accessing the company files in the Intuit QuickBooks software. And several times, your QB app stops responding because of this problem.
Why Does the QuickBooks Error C=343 Pops Up?
There are several instances when you face a QuickBooks issue code C=343 on your system. Let me share some of them:
- A missing, damaged or unregistered MsXML.DLL file might lead to a QuickBooks problem C=343
- Whenever you don’t use the latest version of QuickBooks, then you also face a QuickBooks issue C=343.
- Another reason for the occurrence of QuickBooks problem C=343 is the antivirus or firewall setting installed on your system.
How to Rectify QuickBooks Error C=343?
Now, when you know what a QuickBooks error C=343 is and why it takes place, let’s skip to the good part. Here is the list of steps you can follow to get rid of a QB issue C=343.
Solution 1: By Updating The QuickBooks Software
One of the best ways for getting rid of a QuickBooks problem code C=343 is by updating the QuickBooks software. Here is how.
- To start with, you must close your QB software and open it again in the normal mode.
- Next, navigate to the Help menu and then tap on the Update QuickBooks option.
- Later on, choose the latest QuickBooks version that is compatible with your system.
- After that, tap on the “Get Update” option and restart your software.
Solution 2: By Uninstalling And Reinstalling the MSCML.DLL Files
Another way to troubleshoot a QuickBooks Desktop issue C=343 is by uninstalling and reinstalling the MSCML.DLL files. Use the below-mentioned steps:
- Initially, you need to download the page of Microsoft Core XML files.
- After that, try installing these files or folders on your QB software program.
- Afterwards, open the msxml.msi file by double-clicking on it and follow all the instructions that appear on your screen.
- In the end, restart the QuickBooks Desktop and check if it resolved the error.
Solution 3: With the Help of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the above-mentioned steps didn’t work in your system, then you must try to resolve it with the help of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Check out how.
- In the first step, you must download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once done with the installation process, you must open it by double clicking on the Tool hub icon.
- Next, tap on the Installation issues tab after navigating it in the Tool hub window.
- Furthermore, run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool after choosing it from the available option.
- In the end, reboot your system after the completion of the troubleshooting process.
Solution 4: By Changing The Name of The Installation Folder
One more method for resolving a QuickBooks issue C=343 is by changing the name of the installation folder. Following are the steps to fix a QB error C=343 by renaming the installation folder:
- First of all, you should download and run the QuickBooks Clean install tool.
- After that, launch the QB clean install exe file.
- Next, accept the license agreement of terms and conditions and select the QB version after it.
- Furthermore, hit OK after clicking on the Continue button.
- Now, you will see the error message, “ QB is ready to do a clean install tool.”
- Lastly, can manually change the name QuickBooks Desktop installation folder.
Wrapping it up:
Undoubtedly, there is no QuickBooks error in the world that can’t be fixable. Every QuickBooks issue has a solution. And after reading this blog you can fix a QuickBooks error C=343 too. However, you don’t have to hesitate in calling our QuickBooks experts if you’re stuck.