Facing a QBregistration.dat error while using QuickBooks is like a hurdle in your bookkeeping journey. And why not? That’s how QuickBooks errors are. But what is this installation file error in QB all about? Why does it trigger on your screen and how to get rid of it? This blog post has the answers to all these questions related to a QBregistration.dat file issue.
What is QBregistration.dat Error?
The QBregistration.dat error is an installation file problem that can hinder your accounting tasks. Basically, a QBregistration.data file is responsible for holding the details of your license after activating the QuickBooks software. Consequently, there are chances for you to encounter an error saying,
“QuickBooks encountered an issue while reading the QBregistration.data file…”
Also Read: How To Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool? (Simple Steps)
Then View: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1603?
Why Does The QBregistration.dat file Error Appear On Your Screen?
There could be ample reasons why an issue related to the QBregistration.dat file occur on your screen, such as
- Due to corruption in the MSXML components, there are possibilities for you to face this QuickBooks issue.
- Whenever there are issues in the UAC settings, then also a QBregistration.dat file problem pops up.
- In a situation where an antivirus or firewall is blocking your QuickBooks, there are chances for QBregistration.dat trouble to trigger on your screen.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
How to Resolve QBregistration.dat issue in QuickBooks?
Although there are a lot of ways you can chuck off a QBregistration.dat file issue, let us tell you the major ones. Here we go!
Method 1: By Turning On/Off The User Account Control In QuickBooks
In Windows, UAC settings help in the proper functioning of your device. And whenever you forget to enable these settings, you face a QBregistration.dat file issue. Here is how to enable it:
- To start with, hit on the “Windows+E” on your keyboard and it is going to launch the “My Computer” screen on your workstation.
- After that, all you need to do is to choose the “Control Panel” option by tapping on it.
- Moving further, hit on the “View” option and choose the “User Accounts” option from there.
- Next, go to the “Change User Account Settings” tab and click on it.
- Later on, turn off and on the UAC by choosing the “Never Notify” option firstly and then selecting the “Always Notify” option.
- Afterwards, tap “OK” and restart your system.
Method 2: By Troubleshooting the MSXML Component
When encountering QBregistration.dat problem due to corrupted memories in Microsoft XML components, use the following steps to fix it:
- First of all, download the “MSXML.MSI” file and save it on the computer.
- Furthermore, press the “Windows” and “R” keys simultaneously. As a result, the “Run” window will be visible on your screen.
- In the next step, insert “exe/fvaum %userprofile%\Desktop\msxml.msi” and hit OK.
- Once done, create or recreate the “dat” file and then register the “MSXML DLL” file.
- Going further, insert “CMD” in the given space of Window’s search bar after tapping on the Windows button.
- Now, pick for the “Run as Administrator” option after right-clicking on the “Command” instruction.
- Proceeding further, press “Enter” after typing “CD\Windows\syswow64.”
- Don’t forget to add “regsvr32MSXML3.dll” in the available space. After doing this, press “Enter.”
- Moving ahead, you will witness an error message related to the success of DllRegisterServer in msxml3.dll. Click “OK” and mention “regsvr32 MSXML.4dll” in the new space.
- Lastly, tap on the “OK” option.
Wrapping it up:
Resolving a QBregistration.dat error is a piece of cake, albeit the hindrances it creates to your accounting work. All you have to do is to change the UAC settings, troubleshoot the MSXML component and stay in touch with our QuickBooks experts. Well, our QB-savvy professionals will give you all the technical assistance related to this installation error in QuickBooks.