Are you finding ways about how to fix QuickBooks error code 404? We have a few troubleshooting methods for you to resolve this QuickBooks HTTP error 404. After going through those steps and following them will let you tackle this QuickBooks error effortlessly.
However, it’s always essential to understand the problem before knowing about the steps to solve it. So is in the case of QuickBooks issues. Let us explain what QuickBooks error 404 is all about and why does it occur.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 404?
You will probably encounter a QuickBooks error code 404 at the time of installing the QuickBooks desktop. It also appears when you don’t shut down or startup the window properly. Additionally, it contains data that the device manufacturer can decipher. Here is the list of other names given to this error:
- QuickBooks error 404 service messages
- QB update error 404
- QuickBooks HTTP error 404
- QuickBooks online error 404
In which operating systems QuickBooks Error Code 404 tends to appear?
You will usually witness QuickBooks error 404 if you are using the following Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
- MS Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 10
- MS Windows 8
- Windows 7
Why Do You Encounter QuickBooks Error Code 404?
The could be a cornucopia of reasons why someone encounters a QuickBooks update error 404. Enlisted are some of them:
- While performing any installation, program, or changes can accidentally lead to the deletion of QuickBooks-related files, causing error 404.
- Due to an infected system with malware or virus resulting in corrupted windows files or QuickBooks related files.
- You might also face this error if your system’s windows registry gets damaged because of the installation or uninstallation of QuickBooks.
- In a situation, when the download or installation of the QuickBooks application fails or gets corrupted, then a 404 error code in QuickBooks online can probably occur.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Finally, we will now be discussing the methods of fixing QuickBooks error code 404. Without further ado, let’s tell you each of them:
Method 1: Resetting the system configuration
The very first thing you can do is reset your system configuration. This process involves the following steps:
- The first step is to open up QuickBooks and your company files.
- Start the process where the error was last seen.
- Log out of the QuickBooks company file and choose to close later.
- Next, update the Windows and reboot the computer.
- Additionally, you need to open Internet Explorer and select the tools menu. Select the Internet option.
- You must then choose the advanced tab and then browse through the settings pane.
- Save the information after closing all the programs.
- After that, you must close all applications and save the information.
- Next, hold Windows + R keys and then type msconfig and press the OK key.
- After doing it, select general on the system configuration screen.
- Later, go to the startup selection and also click on selective startup. Furthermore, tap the OK button.
- Reboot the system for ending the process.
Method 2: Check the internet speed
In case the first method fails, try checking the internet speed. You can do it by carrying out the steps below:
- Firstly, go to internet explorer and open a frequently opened website at the same time.
- Additionally, refresh the internet setting if you find an issue with opening the URL. Try again after it.
- If the message still pops up stating “Page can’t be displayed”, then switch off and on the wireless router. After doing it, open the URL again.
- Next, reboot the system and try again.
- Besides that, you have to set the internet explorer as the default browser.
- After completing the process, if the issue exists, then contact your internet service provider.
Method 3: Modify the Internet settings
The next method you can apply to get rid of the 404 error code in QuickBooks is modifying the internet settings. Follow the below procedure to change your internet settings:
- In the first step, go to internet explorer and select the tools and internet options respectively.
- After doing it, tap on the Security tab and also go to the trusted sites option.
- After completing the above step, add *.intuit.com and *.quickbooks.com to the list of sites.
- Press the OK button after selecting the close option.
- Now, log out from the QuickBooks company file and then close the QuickBooks application.
- You can now reopen QuickBooks and then the company file and carry out the process where the error occurred.
Method 4: Update and repair QuickBooks
Another method you can use is to update and repair the QuickBooks application. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Initially, go to the help menu after opening QuickBooks.
- Then, press the update QuickBooks desktop button.
- After performing the above step, open the QuickBooks company file and begin the tasks interrupted by QuickBooks 404 error.
- Suppose the issue still persists, then move further with repairing QuickBooks:
- In the first step, hold Windows + R keys.
- Later, type Appwiz.cpl in the box.
- After doing it, select the QuickBooks software from the list of installed programs and tap on the repair option.
- In the last step, see if the issues have been fixed or not.
Summing it up:
Ultimately, you a lot about 404 error code in QuickBooks Online after reading this article. You know how to fix QuickBooks error code 404, the reasons why it occurs, and which operating systems encounter this issue. Anyways, you can still get in touch with our QuickBooks experts in case you require some technical assistance. We are just a call away.