Did you encounter a QuickBooks error C=184 and are clueless about how to fix it? Then, take it easy. This ultimate guide is going to solve your problem. But have you ever thought of what this QuickBooks issue code C=184 means and why it triggers on your screen? No? In that situation, you must scroll down and check it out.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error Code C=184?
A QuickBooks issue code C=184 is a damaged network file error that can affect the company data file in QuickBooks. Due to this problem, your accounting-related tasks could be a hard nut to crack. Whenever you witness this trouble in the QB application, you will see an error message similar to:
“Error C=184 message: An error triggered in QuickBooks application, please restart QB…”
Why does the QuickBooks Error C=184 appear on your screen?
If you are encountering this error code C=184 in QuickBooks, then there could be a plethora of reasons behind it. Here are some of the causes for this QB issue C=184:
- When the date of the reports is not correct, then you might face this C=184 error in QB.
- In a situation where you try running the reboot.bat program, this issue triggers.
- Due to damaged .ND and .TLG files also you may witness this problem in QuickBooks.
- Improper installation of the QuickBooks Desktop version also results in the error code C=184.
- In the case of a leap year when the QB Desktop reporting dates don’t match, this issue appears on your screen.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error C=184?
Now, when you know the meaning of QuickBooks problem code C=184 and the reasons for its occurrence, let me share a few ways to troubleshoot it.
Solution 1: By Changing The Names of The .ND and .TLG Files
The first way for fixing the QuickBooks issue C=184 is by changing the names of the .ND and .TLG files. Here is how.
- First of all, navigate to the folder where you saved the company file documents and try finding the .ND and .TLG files.
- After that, right-click on the files and choose the Rename option.
- Once done, you must add .OLD at the end of the record names. For instance, if the document name is qbw.tlg, then change its name to qbw.tlg.OLD.
- Lastly, try opening the QuickBooks application and start accessing your company document.
Solution 2: By Updating The Windows To The Latest Version
Another step to eradicate an error code C=184 in QuickBooks is by updating the Windows to the latest version. Check out the enlisted steps.
- To begin with, tap on the Start button.
- Furthermore, go to the settings option and click on the Update & Security icon.
- Now, choose the Windows update option under the Update & Security window.
- In the end, check for the available updates and install them.
Solution 3: By Running The Reboot.bat File
If the above two methods prove to be useless in your case, you can also run the reboot.bat file to fix the QB issue C=184. Apply the following steps to get rid of this C series error in QuickBooks:
- Firstly, you must shut the Intuit QuickBooks application on your computer system.
- After that, select the properties option after right clicking on the QuickBooks icon.
- Next, go to the location of the file and click on it to open it.
- Once you complete the above step, start running the reboot.bat folder in case you are within the QB file.
- Now, hold the reboot.bat button and hit on the administrator option.
- In the next step, you will see a CMD window appearing on your screen. Wait for it to process all the file components.
- To finish the process, restart your system and check if it could resolve QuickBooks error code C=184.
Solution 4: By Relocating The Company File To Another Folder
One more way to solve this QuickBooks problem C=184 is by relocating your QuickBooks company file to another folder or location. Go through the following steps in order to execute this QB-error-fixation solution:
- Initially, navigate to the position of the QuickBooks business file.
- Later on, you must right click on that business file.
- Finally, choose the cut option by clicking on it and paste the file in the different folder or location.
Summing it up:
Undeniably, troubleshooting a QuickBooks error C=184 isn’t rocket science if you use the above-mentioned solutions. You can rename the .ND and .TLG files, update windows, run the reboot.bat file, or change the company file location to fix it.
However, if these solutions refuse to work in your situation, feel free to call our QuickBooks experts for technical assistance.