Is a QuickBooks error C=51 making you bother about the pending accounting tasks? Don’t worry. It’s okay if you are facing this error. Do you know why? It’s because working on such an application that offers a plethora of features isn’t a trivial task. This blog post is going to help you a lot. Here we will be sharing some easy ways for solving a QuickBooks error code C= 51 along with what it is and how it occurs.
What is QuickBooks Issue code C=51?
QuickBooks problem C=51 is basically an issue while finding the TxList. And whenever it occurs, you can’t actually spot it. It usually pops up when you are trying to remove a transaction from any of the reports. Are you now thinking about why is it triggering on your screen? Well, you need to scroll down to know the answer to this.
Why does the QuickBooks Error C=51 appear on your screen?
There could be a plethora of reasons why you face a QuickBooks online error code C=51. Let us check a few of the causes for this QB issue C=51:
- In a situation where the QuickBooks verification is creating issues, there are chances for you to encounter a QuickBooks trouble C=51
- A rebuilding problem in the QB application also leads to error code C=51 in QuickBooks online.
- If you are using a corrupted company file in QuickBooks, then also you can witness a QB issue C=51.
- Due to a damaged QuickBooks database also a QuickBooks problem C=51 appears on your screen.
- An update-related issue in the Quickbooks application is another root cause for this error.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
Now, when you know a lot about QuickBooks issue code C=51, let me tell you a few ways for getting rid of it.
Solution 1: Keep QuickBooks Updated To The Latest Version
The first method for getting rid of a QuickBooks issue code C=51 is by updating the QuickBooks software to the latest version. Here is how.
- Initially, navigate to the QB Desktop icon and then right-click on it.
- After that, select the Run as Administrator option from the available options.
- Next, tap on the Help menu option that you are going to see on the top of the QB windows.
- Lastly, you must choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down menu.
Solution 2: Verify And Rebuild QuickBooks Desktop Data
Another way for resolving a QuickBooks issue C=51 is by verifying and rebuilding the QB Desktop data. Try performing the given below steps for using the verify data utility tool to fix it:
- To start with, tap on the File menu and then go to utilities>verify data option.
- Next, when you spot the corruption of data in the file, you must rebuild it for fixing error code C=51 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, you should choose the rebuild data option after clicking on the File and Utilities tab.
- In the end, make sure you are backing up the company file after performing the rebuild data task. Press OK.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot With QB File Doctor Tool
If the aforementioned methods didn’t work in your situation, then you can also resolve a QB error code C=51 using the File Doctor Tool. So, perform the following operations to fix this QuickBooks Desktop error:
- In the beginning, you need to download and install the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Once done, locate the Company File Issues from the Tool Hub window.
- After doing it, you will see the Run QuickBooks File Doctor option. Click on it.
- In the final step, wait for a few minutes and check if the error still exists.
Summing it up:
Ultimately, these discussed solutions will help you in getting rid of a QuickBooks error C=51. Whether you do it by keeping the QB application updated as per the latest version, using the verify and rebuild data tool, or through the File Doctor Tool in QuickBooks, that’s your call. However, if you face problems while resolving this error, feel free to call our QB experts.