Have you been searching for the right place to solve QuickBooks error 6094 for a long time? If yes, then your probe is finally about to end. This article post is completely dedicated to error code 6094 in QuickBooks.
Whether it’s your curiosity to know what it is or your concern to understand why it occurs, we’ll be clearing every doubt in this post. So, without further ado, let’s explore everything about this QuickBooks issue.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6094?
QuickBooks problem 6094 is a 60XX series error in QuickBooks that pops up when your QB application fails to launch the web database. Another instance when you encounter this QuickBooks issue code 6094 is at the time of security program update. You will usually see an error message code 6094 similar to:
“Error code 6094: QuickBooks can’t start the database server that manages access to the QB company file.”
Why Does The QuickBooks Error 6094 Appears On Your Screen?
If you are facing a QuickBooks issue 6094, then there could be ample reasons why it occurs. Below-listed causes are some of them:
- Anti-virus installed on your system is one of the major reasons for this error code 6094 to take place.
- Some files might be renamed in the installation directory leading this to error.
- Due to incorrect settings of the PC tools internet security, you may witness this QuickBooks Desktop problem 6094.
- Spyware anti-malware is another cause of this issue sometimes.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6094?
Finally, you are familiar with a lot of things about this QuickBooks issue 6094 and it means that this is a suitable time to tell you how to fix this problem in QuickBooks. Let us explain each of the troubleshooting steps for fixing QB error 6094 in chronological order.
Solution 1: By Repairing The QuickBooks Desktop Software
First of all, you should try to repair the QuickBooks Desktop software for getting rid of this error code 6094 in QB. Here is how.
- To begin with, shut all the unnecessary programs that interfere in the working of your QuickBooks application and restart your computer.
- The next thing you need to ensure is to take the backup of the QuickBooks company file.
- Later on, locate the start menu and open the control panel from there.
- Now, choose the Programs and Features option from the Control Panel and uninstall the program that isn’t required.
- Once done, select the QB program from the list and tap on the Uninstall and Change option.
- Furthermore, tap on the continue button and hit Next.
- Lastly, navigate to the repair option and let the repair process finish.
Solution 2: By Re-configuring The Anti-virus In The System
Another trick to resolve a QuickBooks problem 6094 is by re-configuring the anti-virus in your system by using the below steps:
- In the beginning, shut the QuickBooks Desktop application and launch the Antivirus user interface. (we are taking the case of AVG antivirus here)
- Afterwards, double click on the resident shield and choose the manage exceptions options.
- Later on, select the add path option and then copy-paste C:\Program Files\Intuit over there. Suppose you installed QuickBooks in a different folder, try mentioning that folder path.
- Proceeding to the next step, verify the Quarantined files by opening the AVG antivirus user interface and opting for the History option.
- Now, choose the virus vault and try locating any of the quarantined files in QuickBooks, such as qb.exe, qbw32.exe, qbdbmgrn.exe, qbdbmgr.exe, etc.
- After selecting the needed files, hit restore and close the tab.
- In conclusion, open QuickBooks.
These steps will surely help you in reconfiguring your AVG antivirus. However, if the error still exists, you must check for all the QB renamed files in the installation directory.
Solution 3: By Verifying The PC Tools Internet Security
If both the above solutions fail, then you should try to verify the PC tool internet security using the following steps:
- Initially, you need to go to the settings menu and select ‘Quarantine’ from there.
- Tap ‘Yes’ after restoring all the necessary items.
- Next, navigate to the PC Tools Internet Security menu and hit on the Settings option.
- Under the Global Action List, add all the files that you would like to prevent from being scanned.
- Lastly, tap on the Add button and press OK.
Summing it up:
Undeniably, fixing a QuickBooks error 6094 is like shooting fish in a barrel after using the above-mentioned steps. You can do it by repairing the QB Desktop software, configuring the anti-virus in the system, or by verifying the PC Tools Internet Security. However, you don’t have to worry if solving this QuickBooks error code 6094 is still a difficult task. Our QuickBooks experts are all ears to listen to your Queries 24X7.