Are you facing issues in understanding how to solve QuickBooks error 100060? If yes, then this complete guide will help you. This QuickBooks issue is most common in QuickBooks point of sale and can negatively affect your small and mid-sized businesses if you don’t fix it.
In this article post, we will tell you what QuickBooks error 100060 actually is, why does it occur, and how to solve it.
What is QuickBooks error code 100060 in QuickBooks POS?
QuickBooks error code 100060 in QuickBooks POS is an issue that you might encounter frequently. In this particular QuickBooks error, the system does not create your QuickBooks necessary accounts.
It usually happens when you try to run a financial exchange for any account for the first time. But why does this QuickBooks error 100060 take place? Well, you need to scroll down for the answer.
Also Read: The Ultimate Guide To Common QuickBooks Error
Then Know: How to Solve QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159? (Complete Solution)
Why Does QuickBooks Error 100060 Take Place?
The way every action has a cause, similarly every QuickBooks error has a reason to occur. So, is in the case of QuickBooks error 100060. Here are the two reasons why does QuickBooks error 100060 take place:
- Your account is already active in the QuickBooks POS at the time of the first financial transaction
- The user who logged in does not have the QuickBooks administrator permissions.
Call Us For Instant Solution: 8447363955
How to Solve QuickBooks Error 100060?
Ultimately, we will now tell you how to solve QuickBooks error 100060. Go through the below steps and fix QuickBooks POS error 100060 effortlessly.
Solution 1: By Reactivating The Already Active User Account
In a situation where the user account was already active, you can reactivate it. Follow the below steps to know how to solve QuickBooks error 100060 by reactivating the already active user account.
- The first thing you need to do is to open the QuickBooks Financial software.
- Locate ‘Edit‘, choose ‘Preferences‘, and then find the ‘Accounting‘option
- Now, from the ‘Company Preferences‘, clear the ‘Use account numbers’ checkbox.
- Tap ‘Ok’.
- Go to QuickBooks Point of Sale and run ‘Financial Exchange‘.
- Again, from the ‘Edit‘ option, click on preferences and then tap accounting.
- Tap on the ‘Company Preferences’ option and choose the ‘Use account numbers‘ checkbox to reactivate the account number feature.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ button.
Solution 2: By Reverifying Your Account
When the first solution doesn’t work, you can re-verify your account to resolve Quickbooks error 100060. Here is how.
- Go to the POS Company preferences and click on the ‘Cancel‘ option
- In the QuickBooks POS, select File and then choose Close ‘Company/LogOff‘.
- Tap Open on the ‘No Company Open Screen’.
- Log into the company files as administrator and select ‘Window‘ and then tap on ‘Close All’.
- Select File and then click ‘Preferences‘ as Company in the Point of Sale.
- Under the ‘Financial Preferences‘ option, go for ‘Accounts and verify‘ all the accounts that are given under the basic and Advanced tab that has no brackets.
Solution 3: By Creating A New Account
If both the above solutions fail, you can also create a new QuickBooks POS account. Enlisted are the steps you can follow:
- In QuickBooks, tap on the ‘Lists’ option and select ‘Chart of Accounts’.
- Now select ‘New’ after clicking on Account in the lower-left portion of the screen
- This is going to open the account types you wish to open.
- Later, select an appropriate account type and give it a name. Fill in the needed details.
- Close the chart of accounts by clicking OK.
Finally, you have ample ways on how to solve QuickBooks error 100060. You can do it by reactivating your already active account, creating a new account, or by re-verifying your account. However, if you are still not able to fix QuickBooks POS error code 100060, our QuickBooks Experts are just a call away.