Handling QuickBooks and facing a QuickBooks error 248 is like sailing on a ship while facing the high tides. But what does this enterprise error 248 in QuickBooks actually mean? Why does it affect you so much? How should you get rid of it? All these mysterious questions usually run in your mind once you encounter this QuickBooks enterprise error. Let me give you a brief overview of this QB issue and how to fix it.
What is QuickBooks Enterprise Error 248?
A QuickBooks error code 248 is a problem in QuickBooks enterprise that pops up when you try to run payroll for employees. Besides that, whenever you make efforts for taking backup of the company file, then also this error appears. Here is the message that you usually see when this error occurs:
“QuickBooks company file missing…”
The consequences of this error code 248 in QB leads to your poor performance in difficult accounting task. Thus, it becomes essential to fix it on time. But have you ever thought about why this QuickBooks issue 248 appear on your screen? No? Then, check below.
Why Does A QuickBooks Error 248 Appear On Your Screen?
There could be ample reasons why a QuickBooks backup error 248 trigger on your screen. However, one of the most common causes behind this issue in QuickBooks are:
- Due to corruption in the QuickBooks company file also you can face issue code 248 in QuickBooks.
- Whenever there is overpaying of an employee, a QuickBooks problem 248 might pop up on your screen.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 248?
Finally, when you understand the meaning of QuickBooks issue 248 and why it occurs, let’s see how to troubleshoot it.
Method 1: By Running the QuickBooks Verify Data Utility Tool
A QuickBooks Verify & Rebuild Data Utilities tool works together for the self-identification and resolution of company file errors in the Intuit QuickBooks software. Firstly, you can run the Verify Data Utility Tool in QuickBooks. Here is how.
- In the first step, all you need to do is to open the QuickBooks application.
- Once done, navigate to the File tab and choose the Utilities option.
- After applying the above step, hit on the Verify Data option.
- In case you get the message similar to, “QB detected no issue with your data,” press OK.
- Tap on the Rebuild Now option if the utility detects any problem in the company file.
- Lastly, press the Close button for finishing the process.
- Now go to the File tab and select Utilities >> Verify Data
Method 2: By Operating The QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utilities Tool
Another step for troubleshooting a QuickBooks backup error 248 is by operating the QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utilities tool. Here is what you must do to fix error code 248 using the Rebuild data tool:
- Initially, you must launch the QuickBooks app and choose the Utilities option from the File tab.
- After that, tap on the Rebuild Data option.
- Next, keep it simple by following the on-screen instructions to save the backup files.
- Now, wait for some time and let the backup process finish. Press OK.
Method 3: By Creating And Adding Items In QuickBooks
As we mentioned before, one of the main reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks could be because of overpaying employees or payroll taxes. In this case, you must remove the relevant paycheck by creating and adding items in QuickBooks. Learn how.
- To start with, hit on the Payroll List Option from the List section after launching the QuickBooks app.
- Next, choose the New Items option and tap on the Custom Setup option.
- After clicking next, ensure to enter the new item name you wish to add in QuickBooks.
- Furthermore, choose a suitable account for linking the item.
- Once done, select the None option from the Tax Tracking Type option. Press Next two times.
- Later on, tap on the Neither option and again hit Next.
- In the end, insert the overpaid amount and click on the Finish button.
Wrapping it up:
All in all, getting rid of a QuickBooks error 248 isn’t rocket science at all with the right methods. Whether you do it by running the QuickBooks Rebuild and Verify Data Utility Tools or by creating and adding items in QuickBooks, it completely depends on the situation.
Are you still facing some doubts while troubleshooting a QuickBooks enterprise error 248? Get instant technical assistance from QuickBooks experts over a phone call.