Did the QuickBooks error 1712 pop up on your screen while installing the QuickBooks application? Well, you must be irritated then. I also get agitated whenever I face this issue in QuickBooks. But I know the trick for resolving it and that’s why I fix it whenever I encounter it. Would you also like to learn that trick? Yes? Then, you must first understand what it is and why it takes place. Let’s check!
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1712?
The QuickBooks issue 1712 usually occurs when you try to install the QuickBooks application to a corrupted folder. And whenever it takes place, the entire performance of your QuickBooks software gets affected. Also, you will see an error message similar to:
“Error code 1712: Sorry! Something went wrong with your QB installation. One or more files that are needed for restoring your system to its previous state can’t be found”
Why Does The QuickBooks Error 1712 Triggers On Your System?
If you are witnessing a QuickBooks issue code 1712 on your system, then there could be a plethora of reasons behind it. Enlisted below are a few of the root causes of a QuickBooks problem 1712:
- In a situation when there are damaged data files in your Intuit QuickBooks Desktop application, you might encounter this 1712 issue in QB.
- Some changes made to the software within the same computer system also lead to a QuickBooks issue code 1712.
- Another cause for a QB problem 1712 is a malicious attack to your QuickBooks software.
- You can also witness QuickBooks error code 1712 when you try installing your QB software in a damaged folder.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1712?
Now, when you understand what this QuickBooks error 1712 is all about and why it occurs, let me tell you how to fix it.
Solution 1: Delete And Install The Latest Version Of Intuit QB Application
Firstly, you should delete the QB Desktop version you are currently using, and then install the latest version. Here is how.
- To start with, you need to download the latest QB version from the Intuit QuickBooks website.
- Once done, open the downloaded file with the name similar to QuickBooks.exe.
- Later on, you must follow all the onscreen instructions and accept the software license agreement. Hit Next.
- Lastly, insert your Product and License numbers in detail, and click Next.
Solution 2: With the Help Of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Another way for getting rid of QuickBooks issue 1712 is with the help of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Apply the following steps to fix the QB error code 1712 using it.
- Initially, you must launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then click on the Installation Issues option.
- After you tap on the installation issues option, click on QB Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, allow the tool to perform its operation.
- In the end, reboot your computer system to make sure if it fixes the error or not.
Solution 3: Through Quick Fix My Program Under The Tool Hub
If both the above-discussed solutions fail, then you can also resolve this QuickBooks problem 1712 using the Quick Fix My Program under the QB Tool Hub. Let’s have a quick glance at the below points for fixing a QB error 1712.
- To begin with, you must open the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your desktop.
- Once done, locate the Programs problems tab and select the Quick Fix my Program option by tapping on it.
- Wait for some time for letting the Quick Fix my Program option to perform the troubleshooting process.
- At last, try installing the QuickBooks software again.
Indeed, you can effortlessly fix a QuickBooks error 1712 using the above-mentioned steps. And it completely depends on you if you are able to do it by reinstalling QuickBooks, through Quick Fix My Program, or with the help of QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.