Were you looking for the best ways that would help you in knowing how to resolve QuickBooks error 15212? If yes, then this article post is all that you need. Besides that, we will also be revealing what actually this error code 15212 is all about, and why it takes place. Let’s explore the complete information about this QB issue 15212 in detail.
What is A QuickBooks Error 15212?
A QuickBooks issue code 15212 is a type of payroll error that hinders the working of the QuickBooks application. An error message usually appears on your screen something similar to:
“Error code 15212: The QB payroll update didn’t complete successfully. Please try again later. You must download and install the updates by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates Window.” or
“Issue 15212: The QB update didn’t complete successfully.”
Why Does The QuickBooks Error 15212 Take Place?
If you are facing the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212, then there could be a variety of reasons why it occurs. Here are they:
- An insufficient amount of disk space on your hard drive or at a remote download location may cause QuickBooks Error 15212.
- Updates are downloaded from a location that is not currently available.
- Whenever the shared download service is disabled and the data file is opened from an unmapped location, you may encounter this issue.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15212?
When it comes to troubleshooting QuickBooks problem 15212, then there can be a plethora of ways to do it. Without further ado, let us now tell you a few of them:
Solution 1: Do The Downloading Of The Latest Updates Manually
You can get rid of error code 15212 in QuickBooks Desktop by manually downloading all the latest updates in QuickBooks. These are the steps to do it:
- To begin with, open the QB application.
- Next, navigate to the Help option and then press on the Update QuickBooks option.
- Now, the Update QB Desktop window will pop up on your screen.
- From there, choose the Options tab and then hit a click on the NO option.
- Afterward, close the program after making the changes.
- Try downloading the update again and check if issue 15212 still exists.
Solution 2: Re-Map The Data Files To Network Drive
If the above steps fail, you can fix problem 15212 in the QuickBooks application by remapping data files to the network drive. These are the steps to do it:
- In the first step, start your workstation again.
- Later on, tap on the Start menu and choose My Computers.
- In the Window that appears, tap on the Map network drive option.
- Next, tap on the Browse option and choose the data file for mapping it.
- Once you are done with the re-mapping, check if the error is resolved.
Solution 3: Uninstall And Install The QB Software Again
The next thing you can do to solve error message 15212 in QuickBooks is by uninstalling and installing the QB application again. Apply the below-mentioned steps to uninstall and install it.
- Navigate to the Control Panel and choose the Program and features option from there.
- After selecting the QB version responsible for this error, tap Uninstall and then Remove.
- Download the QB file from the Intuit website again, and then double click on the QuickBooks.exe file that you downloaded.
- Follow all the onscreen instructions and tap Next.
- After providing the product and license number, proceed further.
We hope after reading this blog post you finally know how to resolve QuickBooks error 15212. Whether you do it by downloading the latest version of QuickBooks, remapping the data files to a network device, or uninstalling and reinstalling the QB software, it’s your choice.
Is troubleshooting error code 15212 still a doubt for you? Then, you can call our QuickBooks experts. We are round-the-clock available to assist you.